Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Truck!
My New Truck!
I've been permanent (vs. temporary) at my job for a few months now, and decided it was time to trade the monthly maintenance/repair bill on my old s-10 blazer in for a monthly car payment..
I found this at Alaska Sales & Service.

[Image: Truck1.jpg]
Hi.
[Image: truck0.jpg]
[Image: truck3.jpg]
Artsy Myspace Angles, wheee!
[Image: truck4.jpg]
The body damage.. fortunately, my brother-in-law is a body and paint man.

I got the truck for 17,500, and paid 3400 down - my monthly payments are 340$ on a 4 year loan, my insurance is 260$ a month for the truck. Basically means that I have to pull 300$ a paycheck out, and I've been spending that on toys..
Thanks to my father, who co-signed, I'm getting 6.5% interest. Interestingly enough, my credit union now parses my credit score as 699 - I may have functionally perfect credit inside of three years.
The truck is a 2004 Chevy 1500, with a 5.3 litre Vortec V8, and the full LT package, power windows, locks, mirrors, seats, heated seats, heated rear window, heated mirrors, dual zone climate control, 6-speaker 6-CD bose stereo, in-wheel stereo controls, remote locks, and..
Cruise control. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that had a good working cruise control.
I am quite pleased. At 15.9 mpg average between in-town and my highway driving, I'm getting approximately double what my older vehicle did. Once I'm used to the truck and decrease my average speed/acceleration, I would not be surprised to see 17mpg average.
No, it's not a supermilage vehicle, but it's _not_, and doesn't pretend to be. I believe the vehicle is chipped (5500 RPM shift point under max accel), and it has an aftermarket exhaust.
I am.. exuberantly pleased. No More Beaters!
[Image: truck2.jpg]
Bye!
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Re: My New Truck!
Nice! Congrats! Especially on the credit thing...

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
Hmmm, it appears you are not to far from me. I'll be coming by in a few hours to blow up your truck in a petty display of spite.
--
"There are crazed martial artists out there looking to improve their skills and find inner peace through exterior violence!"
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
Quote:
Hmmm, it appears you are not to far from me.

Seriously? What's your zip code - I'm 99507Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Y1A 3V2, I'm over in the (much cooler) Yukon.--
"There are crazed martial artists out there looking to improve their skills and find inner peace through exterior violence!"
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 
well I'm not going to invite you to drive twelve hours plus for lunch, then.
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979