Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project

Quote:Bob SchroeckTennie, regardless of what TVT claims its policies are, Fast Eddie holds grudges and has no compunctions about stalinzing things he doesn't like and banning people who remind him of them. If you do it, it's pretty much guaranteed that your contribution will disappear, as will your access.

I can confirm this. I posted a very brief and very respectful page on the Tropes Mirror Wiki on TV Tropes (I even asked the moderators to make extra sure it was acceptable) during the brief period I tried to extend an olive branch. After Fast Eddie called me a thief and told me to never contribute there again (the Ask The Tropers section with this was deleted, but a screencap exists on ED), that page was locked and the content removed.

Short version, while I've tried to be as polite to Eddie as possible and will still respect copyright between our sites, his reaction to me was insanely bitter and petty, so if you want to be banned, you can attempt pressing your luck.

Also, we've hit the 300 post mark, this thread will need to be locked and a new one started.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:your contribution will disappear, as will your access.

...Along with, I suspect, the TVT-related entries on the article that I mentioned.  Seriously, either they seem to have slipped FE's attention or the rather unflattering descriptions given of the alternate sites somehow allowed them to escape deletion for at least a year and a half.  Now that I think about it, making an edit on that section could very well get attention of the unwanted kind, as you suggest.  I'll stick with making the edit on the ATT side, and invite anyone braver than I to tempt the fates by making the TVT-side edits.

And that's where we'll end this thread. Tune in tomorrow for "All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part II", or whatever you want to call it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.