Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
503 Service Unavailable
503 Service Unavailable
This is the error I get when trying to get to your website, Bob.  Also, the banner at the top of the forums is AWOL.
I'll check again later to see if the problem persists (cause maybe you're updating/editing/doing something with it yourself), but I thought I'd mention it in case it's something wonky.

No, not updating the site -- I normally do that on weekends or evenings -- and the site looks just fine right now (and the banner's there for me). Please keep me updated.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Yeah, so I totally spaced on checking the site yesterday, but everything seems back to normal now. maybe my ISP was having an issue or something, I dunno. Anyway, nothing more to see here, carry on.

Hm. You know, about a month ago, DHBirr noticed that a chapter of DW8 was missing from the site -- and all the pages that would have pointed to it looked like they did before I released the chapter. When I looked at the site files, it appeared that my ISP has restored the site from an old backup. I wonder if something similar has just happened again. I'm going to have to investigate that.
-- Bob
---------

Getting 503 errors at your site right now.

Eight hours later, I'm not seeing any problems from here.

503 errors, by the way, mean the actual server itself, not the site, is not available. In this case, it would be the specific machine at Netcarrier where my site resides, which is not under my control. The two most common reasons for this error are because the server is too busy or because it's down for maintenance. I can't speak for Honorbridge's report, which was in the middle of the afternoon, but this most recent one -- at midnight -- is most likely maintenance. Middle of the night is the usual time to do hardware work because you're going to disrupt fewer people.

Do me a favor, though -- the next time anyone sees 503s, plug my site into [link=http:\%[link=http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com]www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com]Down For Everyone Or Just Me[/url] and tell me what it says.
-- Bob
---------