Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so GLAD I didn't see TF2
so GLAD I didn't see TF2
That unutterable BASTARD DARED defile the SR-71 with his gothic nudist movie transformations!

BURN IN THE PIT MICHEAL BAY! BURN FOR YOUR SACRILIGE!!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Erm... bwah?

What with this and the other Bwah?-inducing post the other day, I'm starting to suspect shenanigans.

Whether that's ClassicDrogn himself drunk-posting, someone goofing off with his unlocked computer, or , I can't say... but seriously,
this is a bit odd to say the least.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Yeah. A post like that, I'd expect to see from blackaeronaut (our resident SR-71 fan), not ClassicDrogn...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I must say, I didn't care much for how Jetblast was portrayed. Really, the Blackbird's an old design, but a truly effective one, and there's others
out there that are even older and still in use (despite not having the Blackbird's safety record: only three birds down and no fatalities).

I would have gone for cranky and a bit crotchety, but did they honestly need to make him seem so dilapidated? Not a good image to set for the 'Bird when so
few people know what she is truly capable of.

Oh, and mechanized testis? Puh-leeeeeeeze... (e_eWink

Anyhow, now that I'm done with my rant (which I hope was polite and objective), uhm, CD? You there, man? Have you put Zul to bed yet?

Meh, I'm here. I usually try to spread my bwah?s out more, but I was seeing if I could find a Classics Cyclonus without paying the fanatic-gouger price
(no,) saw the crapalytic mockery that is the Jetblast toy, and flipped my chips. It was like going around a corner and discovering a gang rape in progress, but
with no handy asses to kick.

Sorry if anyone was alarmed.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

I will also note that watching the Macross Frontier/Dragonforce amv a couple times rebalanced my awesomometer. I don't have a link and it's not the
forum for it anyway, but it's easy enough to find on Youtube. Don't forget to strap in, and the address you want is www.keepvid.com Wink
--

I was halfway through the post still thinking "they put a SR-71 in Team Fortress 2? That's random" before the Michael Bay part.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

blackaeronaut said:

Quote: Not a good image to set for the 'Bird when so few people know what she is truly capable of.
And that's the way we like it. The more people who know what our equipment is capable of, the better their chances are of finding
some way of countering or even successfully attacking it. Encourage the enemy's ignorance!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

*obligatory "I actually greatly enjoyed the movie warning" goes here*

Given Jetfire shows up at the end and basically shreds two Decepticons as quick as looking at them, and this is with several million years of his age affecting his combat skills, and the demigod-like awe with which Wheelie treats him and his fellow Seekers.....um.

Yeah. Remind me how a few old age jokes are in poor taste? I thought his performance was one of the standouts in the movie as a good thing. :lol:

"My father was the wheel. The first wheel! Do you know what he transformed into?"
"Uh, what?"
"NOTHING! But he did so with honor!"
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote: ClassicDrogn wrote:

I will also note that watching the Macross Frontier/Dragonforce amv a couple times rebalanced my awesomometer. I don't have a link and it's not the
forum for it anyway, but it's easy enough to find on Youtube. Don't forget to strap in, and the address you want is www.keepvid.com Wink
Link?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

it's the only result searching for 'macross frontier dragonforce' (without the quotes) on youtube
--

the valley of the damned one?

"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

the valley of the damned one?

Yes, this is the awesome you're looking for. You can go about your rocking. Move along.
--

hate to say it, but I wasn't that impressed.

I'll try and track down a truly _good_ rock 'n roll AMV this evening.

though, you can do worse than 'Sponge - Plowed (Neon Genesis Evangelion)'
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Not too impressed, either. I just don't get Dragonforce, and I haven't found any of the Macross stories interesting since the original. After the
first series, they stop making sense for some reason.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

To quote Geddy Lee, one has to believe in the power of music. The Macross stories are based around the power of the human spirit (specifically as expressed in
song, and for sufficintly loose definitions of human) to overcome pure military might. They get more mystical about it as the series goes on, is all. I can see
how some would be put off by it, agree that Minmei & Basara both need a good slap or five, but how can you deny the eye candy mecha?
--

Oh, I can't. I really, really can't.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.