Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part VII

He has some definite ideas on how to do things - but that isn't a bad thing. And we do need the help.

Sure, why not?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I already put my vote in the linked thread, but I'll repeat it here: I have no objections, so yes.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:I already put my vote in the linked thread, but I'll repeat it here: I have no objections, so yes.
No one has yet to voice any real objection why not, so I just handed Lulzkiller his mod hat.

Dear god, did you see Saline's "revised" entry on McDonald's and Microsoft? He might as well have accused McDonald's of polluting our precious bodily fluids. I've removed the more over-the-top material and left him a note requesting supporting links.
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Dear god, did you see Saline's "revised" entry on McDonald's and Microsoft? He might as well have accused McDonald's of polluting our precious bodily fluids. I've removed the more over-the-top material and left him a note requesting supporting links.
Thanks, Bob.

Also, before I forget, I left a message with the mods of TV Tropes wishing them a Merry Christmas, and in case I didn't say it already, the same to all of you as well.

And to you!
-- Bob
---------

And a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Geth!

Back to ATT ... A couple of questions:

1) Has anybody told LulzKiller about this forum yet?

2) Policy question: Quoting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _statement
Quote:The Wikimedia Foundation will remove content if it has knowledge of a copyright violation. The Foundation will also respond to notice and take-down requests received in compliance with the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), and all notices will be reported to chillingeffects.org.
Do we want to put a similar statement into ATT's policy documents, especially the final phrase?
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:And a Merry Christmas to you and yours, Geth!

Back to ATT ... A couple of questions:

1) Has anybody told LulzKiller about this forum yet?

2) Policy question: Quoting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... _statement
Quote:The Wikimedia Foundation will remove content if it has knowledge of a copyright violation. The Foundation will also respond to notice and take-down requests received in compliance with the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), and all notices will be reported to chillingeffects.org.
Do we want to put a similar statement into ATT's policy documents, especially the final phrase?
Yeah, I gave him a heads up, he said he'd considering joining.

Also, the guys at the Kiwi Farms noticed some creepy stuff about people obsessing over characters from little kid cartoons being naked on some pages and Lulzkiller baleeted it, and wanted me to let everyone else know why.

For the record, I'm glad he did and told him I'd be pleased if he killed it all with fire and salted the earth to be sure otherwise....besides, I still have nightmares about the Fansadox pages before I scraped them clean of people using them to post what got them off.

As for the copyright notice, sounds like a good idea.

Lulz asked for membership overnight, now that I have the ability to actually do something I have approved him and he should be showing up any minute now.

Agreed on the copyright notice, particularly the report to chillingeffects.
-- Bob
---------

Yeah I'm here. BTW one of you guys need to add the "Setting" part of the subpages into the major sections of the Main Page, because that seems to be missing.

Welcome to the madhouse, LulzKiller!

IIRC, site design is vorticity's baby. Not that the rest of us can't pitch in and help, of course.

How's this for the copyright notice?
Quote:All The Tropes will remove content if it has knowledge of a copyright violation, keeping in mind the "fair use" protections that reference works enjoy. All The Tropes will also respond to notice and take-down requests received in compliance with the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), and all notices will be reported to chillingeffects.org.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:IIRC, site design is vorticity's baby. Not that the rest of us can't pitch in and help, of course.
Nagged him on his talkpage then, we'll see if we can get it added.

robkelk Wrote:...
How's this for the copyright notice?
Quote:All The Tropes will remove content if it has knowledge of a copyright violation, keeping in mind the "fair use" protections that reference works enjoy. All The Tropes will also respond to notice and take-down requests received in compliance with the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3)), and all notices will be reported to chillingeffects.org.

hearing no complaints, it's up
--
Rob Kelk

How long do I wait for Lab to get a response from before trying an abysmal version myself that will likely break the main page?

LulzKiller Wrote:How long do I wait for Lab to get a response from before trying an abysmal version myself that will likely break the main page?
I'm doing that right now.

Thanks Geth. Just need to add the earth image/sprite and it's perfect.

Also we're having a discussion per what I saw on Kiwi Farms to rename Cowboy Behop at His Computer to something more appropiate and fitting.

http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:Ti2o914dvklovpg2

I'm looking at Miraheze's new policies - the ones that come into effect on Sunday - and I have to ask: what are "roofies"? (They're mentioned in the Content Policy.)

I think I have the freebie wiki's Terms of Service and Content Policy cleaned up now. Who's going to look at ATT's policies?

YKTTW somebody uses possibly-faulty logic on a computer and the computer shuts down? What do we call that Trope?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:what are "roofies"?
Date rape drugs of any variety.
-- Bob
---------

robkelk Wrote:I'm looking at Miraheze's new policies - the ones that come into effect on Sunday - and I have to ask: what are "roofies"? (They're mentioned in the Content Policy.)

YKTTW somebody uses possibly-faulty logic on a computer and the computer shuts down? What do we call that Trope?
There's a lot of ED-level punchlines I could make to your question about roofies that I will avoid.

Also check this for that particular index to see if you can find if that trope in your signature exists:

http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Category:Magical_Computer

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Logic Bomb
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Saline decided to revive a 7 month old ban evader thread for some reason. He's asking bob what edits he was referring to.

http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:T4ift0l5tbstptxk

My logic is putting 2 + 2 together here as to who Saline might be.

LulzKiller Wrote:Saline decided to revive a 7 month old ban evader thread for some reason. He's asking bob what edits he was referring to.

http://allthetropes.org/wiki/Topic:T4ift0l5tbstptxk

My logic is putting 2 + 2 together here as to who Saline might be.

I perma-blocked him. He was already on thin ice before, but this just clinches it.

That whole incident that you guys got drawn into with him over simple media headings made me frustrated anyway. Admin fiat over on ED I guess has an advantage there. Sometimes you guys can sometimes be too patient with these people XD.

And that's it for this thread. Time to create Part VIII.
-- Bob
---------