Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a new website host.
I need a new website host.
So apparently the site (aaanime.net) that hosts yggdrasil.org has gone *piff*. It's apparently permanent, and with my lack of updates, I haven't
noticed for MONTHS. Bravo me.

Any reason I shouldn't just use Google Sites, seeing as it's the all important FREE?

Free website hosting has several problems, the biggest being of course that the free hosting could expire at any time and be wiped off the internet with no
notice.

We have never had any problems with our hosting, which is done by the chaps who run Portal of Evil. It's not free, but it's very good service.

-------------------

Epsilon

Eh. Aside from the fact that it appears Google Pages must be configured using their stuff, it should do everything I need.

I'm tired of editting HTML anyway. Big Grin

OTOH, what I honestly want is just a place I can FTP up my site, point the DNS to it, and work from there. My traffic is light (ludicrously light, to be
honest), I don't need email, I don't need any special features. I'm willing to pay for that, as long as it's reasonable.

I think http://ottawa-anime.org/accounts.php]ottawa-anime.org is extremely reasonable. (Which reminds me, I really should pay for the last three years of service sometime soon... Yes, that's how reasonable they are.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I put it up on my registrar's free hosting. Marginally annoying ads, but eh.