Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling upon the collective for anime recommendations
Calling upon the collective for anime recommendations
There's http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=62721]a thread over on the SJGames forums where a poster with eclectic tastes is asking for anime recommendations... After reading the entire thread (so you can get an idea of the requester's tastes), what did we miss recommending to him?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: robkelk wrote:

There's a thread over on the SJGames forums where a poster with eclectic
tastes is asking for anime recommendations... After reading the entire thread (so you can get an idea of the requester's tastes), what did we miss
recommending to him?

Full Metal Panic. Action-Comedy with a bit of a triangle (although the guy is more clueless than usual). A few first season episodes are almost all action.
The 2nd season (TSR) is darker than the first. Fumoffu (OAV) is straight comedy.

btw - I suspect he'd probably do ok with Patlabor (assuming he can find it), even though he didn't like GitS (any idea if was it the movies or the TV
series that done him in?). Patlabor TV and OAV are, for the most part, action comedies. The movies were the only parts that tended to deadly serious (although
some of that stuff with the Black Labor...)

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia

Done.

--------------

Epsilon

I didn't see any mention of Nanoha.

I'd also recommend Parallel Trouble Adventure Dual ("Tenchi meets Evangelion") and RahXephon (Evangelion as done by someone who isn't suicidally depressed).

Noir

Serial Experiments Lain

El-Hazard The Magnificent World (but not its sequels)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

to continue the non-anime thought, I highly reccomend Metalocalypse, it's wonderful. (Dethalbum II pre-ordered yesterday, yay!)

Afro Samurai isn't half bad either.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies