Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

SCM Writer of 2814

Are you saying Eishun and Albireo had a thing?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
I think the larger idea is that history repeats itself.

But.. what does this say about Evangeline?
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Nothing, I hope... unless she turns out to be a practitioner of some obscure style of swordsmanship...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
No, no. I mean, Zecht was Nagi's teacher. We all saw what happened to him.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

NotDavies

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Are you saying Eishun and Albireo had a thing?
Possible. Possible. I was actually thinking more of the way that Al flirts with Eva. But they do say that children live out the repressed desires of their parents ...
... which makes the putative notion of Tsukuyomi being Godel's daughter even more frightening.

NotDavies

First blood.
... Yue's not going back. Is she.
I'm kinda curious how Fate's petrification darts affect *non-physical entities*, but then I remembered that Sayo's only able to be here because of the voodoo doll she's in.

Which arguably means she's stuck inside the petrified doll with no sense of sight, sound, or anything, but still aware, unlike the other petrified victims. Eeek?

Despite the general badassness of the crew, though, I'm semi-grateful that it didn't go off without a hitch, as otherwise, you'd wonder why Negi needed to take so much Training From Hell.

Regarding Yue...I don't know what her family life is like, as the only family we know of hers is her deceased grandfather, whose death led to her being the reserved near-shut in that she was just before the series started (until Nodoka and co. brought her out of her shell). However, in regards to "not going back", I don't think that she's going to be able to go back, even if she gets her memories back. Not entirely. Currently, it's more of a "why would I go back?" due to the amnesia, but assuming recovery...she's got as strong ties to Mundus Magicus and her squad as she ever did to the rest of the class. I suspect she'll end up straddling the two eventually, though I do wonder if this was to provide an easier out of the love triangle between her and Nodoka.

Also, I'm rather perversely pleased that Chachamaru's CatSat artifact got used again. It's ridiculously impractical under most circumstances, but it feels less "this is for that one giant mook we need to take out" now.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
NotDavies Wrote:310
Nuke it from orbit - it's the only way to be sure.
NotDavies Wrote:First blood.
Oh... dear.
NotDavies Wrote:Yue's not going back. Is she.
Was there somebody out there who thought she was? It's been obvious to me that she wasn't going back since before she got her memory back...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I seriously doubt that Fate can be patting himself on the back right now, in fact, after that last panel I wish we could see his expression.

Next week will probably cut to the battle within the castle.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Quote:Also, I'm rather perversely pleased that Chachamaru's CatSat artifact got used again. It's ridiculously impractical under most circumstances, but it feels less "this is for that one giant mook we need to take out" now.
I love a story where the Kill Sat is the distraction from the real threat...
-- Bob
---------

NotDavies

Well, shit.
You said it.
-- Bob
---------
Phase two. Off tanks, pick up adds. DPS, hold off until threat has been established!
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Sextum is female, right? I'm not imagining things?

Also, I can't recall if this has been brought up before, but we now have definite confirmation of Fate being an artificially created being, revived from a previous self, and umm... Anyone else seeing Nanoha parallels?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Dark days for the good guys... but, on the bright side, it looks like Fate's actually read the Evil Overlord List, so the upcoming battles should be entertaining.
--
Rob Kelk

Jorlem Wrote:Sextum is female, right? I'm not imagining things?

Also, I can't recall if this has been brought up before, but we now have definite confirmation of Fate being an artificially created being, revived from a previous self, and umm... Anyone else seeing Nanoha parallels?
It certainly appears to be the case.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I note that this really doesn't seem to be *Fate*'s plan the more it goes on.

Between his mentioning "the next phase would be his resurrection, huh?" and Dynamis admitting to being the one that revived Tertium in the first place, Dynamis more and more seems to be the driving force behind this.

Of course, given Fate's already been targeted for Defeat Means Friendship by Negi, I have to wonder if this is the opening act of him being Big Bad Punted out of the way in exchange for the Lifemaker's return. Complete with new Elite Mooks to back him up so our heroes don't have to beat up the sympathetic villains anymore.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I just noticed, is the latest chapter title a reference to Code Geass? Specifically, Suzaku of the Counterattack?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

NotDavies

NotDavies Wrote:An ambiguous Christmas present.
I knew there was a reason I liked her...
--
Rob Kelk

Am I the only one worried by the fact that one of the new Averuncii is *using Negi's Titan Slayer spell*?

I mean, that thing briefly incapacitated *Rakan*.
---
waste."
The old Averuncus didn't have any trouble immobilizing Rakan even without Negi's spell. If anything, this is a step down in power for the new Averuncus...
--
Rob Kelk

Mmm. I was thinking more in the sense of "when you manage to immobilize Jack "Game Breaker" Rakan with this, what the hell is that going to do to someone more fragile?"
---
waste."

al103

robkelk Wrote:The old Averuncus didn't have any trouble immobilizing Rakan even without Negi's spell. If anything, this is a step down in power for the new Averuncus...
Yeah, riiiight... And CoTL somehow do not count? For magicworlders CoTL is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than this Old Magic Lightning spell (and Negi do not own it, it just one of he did know). Only Kaede is "normal" human so CoTL do not work on her like it work on Rakan.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13