Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Compulsion: Truth "Tell It Like It T-I-S" by the B-52s
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd be surprised if Doug didn't already have this in his repertoire, between how obvious and how obviously useful it it would be, though I suppose there might be legal problems with using statements made under the effect as it could be considered a form of duress. Still useful when you've got the black-hats dead to rights already and just have to make them explain how to defuse the death trap with the hostages, or for Doug to use on himself to back up a "no shit, there I was" story.

Of course, anyone who knows Doug will know that if he's fudging the details on one of those stories it's probably to make it less crazy... Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pejsl59PRqQ
Which means we should go on the hunt for a "Truth is stranger than fiction" utility song. Big Grin
(09-26-2017, 10:01 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: [ -> ]Which means we should go on the hunt for a "Truth is stranger than fiction" utility song. Big Grin

I seem to recall the existence of a cover version of the Dragnet theme, with Sgt. Friday's line "Just the facts" repeated. (Maybe from the Dan Akroyd movie?)
(09-27-2017, 05:59 AM)robkelk Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-26-2017, 10:01 PM)Star Ranger4 Wrote: [ -> ]Which means we should go on the hunt for a "Truth is stranger than fiction" utility song. Big Grin

I seem to recall the existence of a cover version of the Dragnet theme, with Sgt. Friday's line "Just the facts" repeated. (Maybe from the Dan Akroyd movie?)

Sounds like the remix the Art of Noise (UK, not NA, obviously) did for the movie, yeah.
Yeah, that's the Art of Noise version. I have it on one of their collections.

And another "force them to speak the truth" song is always good to have.