Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Happy New Year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I post this, it's a few minutes after midnight GMT on 2024-01-01. Happy New Year, everyone!
Peg and I are off to her mom's in a few minutes to do New Year's there, so I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on the forums a happy new year!
Speaking from Lunchtime on Monday, so far so good...
I'll admit is a new year but it remains to be seen if it's good

---

EDIT: I should not typo on my phone.
May your 2024 be only as exciting as you desire.
May this be a year with more calm.

May this be a year with more health.

May this be a year with more safety.

May this be a year with more love.

May this be a year with more justice.

May this be a year with more hope.

May this be a year with more joy.
To all my old friends, and the friends I've yet to meet:

Here's to Us by Lzzy Hale

May the new year be better than the old.
May this be a year with more cowbell
HAPPY! new year.

Also it's public domain day and remember this year Disney is just a little steamed up about what is now public domain.

https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2024/

I believe Disney is trying the same thing the owners of a certain famous castle has done and trade marked a certain steamboat captain's image.

Hmelton

Jesus Saves
If I'm not mistaken, Mickey's been a trademark for decades (much like Superman), and the copyright expiration only applies to Steamboat Willie.
(01-01-2024, 09:15 PM)hmelton Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Disney is trying the same thing the owners of a certain famous castle has done and trade marked a certain steamboat captain's image.

You could keep an eye on whatever happens to this new webcomic . It's meant to be a direct continuation of Steamboat Willie
on the topic of Steamboat Willie becoming public domain...