Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
As I post this, it's a few minutes after midnight GMT on 2024-01-01. Happy New Year, everyone!
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: Happy New Year!
Peg and I are off to her mom's in a few minutes to do New Year's there, so I'll take this opportunity to wish everyone on the forums a happy new year!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Speaking from Lunchtime on Monday, so far so good...
I'll admit is a new year but it remains to be seen if it's good

---

EDIT: I should not typo on my phone.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
May your 2024 be only as exciting as you desire.
-Now available with copious trivia!
May this be a year with more calm.

May this be a year with more health.

May this be a year with more safety.

May this be a year with more love.

May this be a year with more justice.

May this be a year with more hope.

May this be a year with more joy.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
To all my old friends, and the friends I've yet to meet:

Here's to Us by Lzzy Hale

May the new year be better than the old.
--
‎noli esse culus
May this be a year with more cowbell
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
HAPPY! new year.

Also it's public domain day and remember this year Disney is just a little steamed up about what is now public domain.

https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/publicdomainday/2024/

I believe Disney is trying the same thing the owners of a certain famous castle has done and trade marked a certain steamboat captain's image.

Hmelton

Jesus Saves
If I'm not mistaken, Mickey's been a trademark for decades (much like Superman), and the copyright expiration only applies to Steamboat Willie.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(01-01-2024, 09:15 PM)hmelton Wrote: I believe Disney is trying the same thing the owners of a certain famous castle has done and trade marked a certain steamboat captain's image.

You could keep an eye on whatever happens to this new webcomic . It's meant to be a direct continuation of Steamboat Willie
on the topic of Steamboat Willie becoming public domain...