Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [meta] Expect more Senshi illustrations...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This one's more a discussion of resources, while the other one is about images and works in progress... and they're both about the same size. If we're going to close one, it's difficult to decide which one to close.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The USS Enterprise is a lovely starship... but does it blend?

It does now: Blender models of Trek ships.
--
Rob Kelk

Look what I found! (Or, more accurately, was pointed out to me) I can now properly outfit Great Justice Troubleshooters:

[Image: v4sexyunif.jpg]

V4 version at the top http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/m_yokoyama/poser02.htm]of this page, A3 version near the bottom.

Refresh my memory, please - what is this one (from the same page)? It doesn't say "original" the way some other models on that page do, so I assume it's from something...
[Image: mkspvl.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:Refresh my memory, please - what is this one (from the same page)? It doesn't say "original" the way some other models on that page do, so I assume it's from something...

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

While I'm waiting... Yes, of course I've already downloaded http://www.sharecg.com/v/55379/browse/11/Poser/The-Lexx]this freebie. Has anybody in Fenspace made one?
--
Rob Kelk

My answer is: 'The Guild' or some possibly obscure JRPG.
Blender X-Wing
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:

Refresh my memory, please - what is this one (from the same page)? It doesn't say "original" the way some other models on that page do, so I assume it's from something...

That is Yuko Aso from Phantom Solder Valis, basically one of the major inspirations behind Sailor Moon.  (The Sailor V game itself is a very thinly disguised Valis clone.)  The series came out originally for the MSX system and was later ported to consoles (notably the TG-16).  The franchise has suffered pretty badly from the rights holders having no taste, but the developers went on to greater things.  Today they staff both tri-Ace and Namco Tales Studio.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Thanks, Berk! (I thought it looked vaguely familiar...)
--
Rob Kelk

New Senshi stuff on ShareCG...

Listen up, you primitive youma - this is my Moon Stick!

(Yes, I know I used that line years ago, even before Shadowjack started watching Sailor Moon... but it's still a good line.)

And here's the Silver Crystal to go with it.

Edit: Wait a bit before downloading the Moon Stick - it's currently an empty directory structure. The Ginzuishou download is good.

Re-edit: The Moon Stick download is now good.
--
Rob Kelk

Just put together a little test for Nene's character build in Poser (finally!), using Victoria 3, and basing her on Jennifer Lawrence. I used Koz's Messy Hair, as it seems to work the best for a Nene that's drifted somewhat from the original source material.

http://jferio.deviantart....Character-Test-263844295
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
.... She looks like she's either got a skin condition or that she just got out from underneath a car. Other than that, she needs her trademark cheeky grin.
Those are supposed to be freckles, Mr. Texan
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Not like any freckles I've ever seen.
Well, do keep in mind that the render was done using Poser's default lighting setup. I had a similar issue with a local friend seeing it, he was thinking the body freckles were too strong, and the face freckles not nearly strong enough. As for her grin, this is just the test, I can slap the grin on later when it's time to pose and render.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
OK, here is more or less a "finished" render, this time with Nene and Geo together. Albeit rendered from the 3 programs I have handy, just to see which one I prefer.
http://jferio.deviantart....ay-Render-Test-264244021
I might have to work up a material/lighting set in DAZ Studio 3, and try a rendering that way in both versions, see which one comes out on top. Also, the hair has some issues, probably because I rendered using a white background, and even with the alpha masking, it caused some issues.
--

Looking good, there... although they need some lights from closer to floor level, to get rid of some of those shadows.

"Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice..." (What? Of course this is somewhere in Kandor City!)
--
Rob Kelk

Well, a quick test shows there's no appreciable difference in the renders between DAZStudio3 Advanced and DAZStudio4, so I'll probably stick with using 4 unless there's a compelling reason to do otherwise.
Anyway, here we go, we finally have a good render (presumably from a company eletter photoshoot) of Nene Romanova and R2-G0 "Geo", aka The JMC Siblings.
[Image: Siblings.png]
--

robkelk Wrote:"Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice..." (What? Of course this is somewhere in Kandor City!)
*Beats Rob with a Trout*
Great.  Now I'm gonna have that audio cue stuck in my head all day.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Happy to help.

Back to the BGC resources, a work in progress that's a compelling reason to go to DAZStudio4 - it's for Genesis.
--
Rob Kelk

I spend all night trying to think of something to say other than 'ooh shiny'. And failed.
%[link=http://freelancecomics.blogspot.com/]Saber Green and Saber Blue are available for download]. (Again, they're for Genesis, so %[link=http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/daz-studio-4?item=12194]Daz Studio 4] only for now. While youre grabbing Daz Studio, grab http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=13531]the "getting started" tutorial while it's still free - it's the only documentation the program has so far.)
--
Rob Kelk

While those are pretty cool, I'm not sure my laptop would be able to run it.. It's a good few years old... and my desktop is even worse.

http://forum.daz3d.com/po.../origimage_1_3163170.jpg

(It's a two-seater. Imagined as "not spaceworthy," but handwavium can work wonders in that department.)
--
Rob Kelk

There's a new fighter-aircraft model up - and it comes with VVS markings.

Okay, so it's a biplane. But there's got to be room somewhere in Korolev for a %[link=http://www.sharecg.com/v/57127/browse/5/3D-Model/Polikarpov-I-15]Polikarpov I-15]... right?

[img]http://www.sharecg.com/get_image.php?type=large&upload_image_id=96942]

Edit: In case this looks familiar but you can't quite place it - it was nicknamed "Curtiss". (A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig...)

Oh, yes ... Did somebody say "http://www.sharecg.com/v/56317/view/11/ ... Scout-Ship]Archer-class" spaceship? Somebody must have; there's a redlink for it on the FenWiki.

[Image: 94590.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Sigh... We had a "Port Phobos Invitational" thread where everybody came up with silly weapons... and nobody thought of crowd-control using "Beer Gas". Where am I supposed to use this set of props?
--
Rob Kelk

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7