Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Caverns of Transcendance -- This time for real
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay, after Thursday's rout of the Circle of Thorns -- thanks to a couple people who were 8 or more levels higher than the opposition -- Sailor Null finally got the COT trial assignment. Although most if not all of the crew from Thursday have expressed their intent to join the fun, we will need 8 participants, as I'm sure everyone is aware. So this is an open call for next Thursday, 11/9, at 9 PM Eastern time. We'll welcome anyone who wants in.
-- Bob
---------
...The President is on the line
As ninety-nine crab rangoons go by...
As before, count Reyshal the controller in.Without a word...
Wide is game, as is Emi Arizona
Your choice of a 12 rad/rad def or an exemped Tanker.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

The Hunterminator

Thursday was a lot of fun, so you can count on Yukiyo to be there next thursday.
Hm. I'd really like to be there, but...I'm actually not sure. I'll probably be able to make it, though if I can't, I'll try to post on Thursday itself.
I'll use Superball (Scrapper) or Space Mage (Defender)...precisely which, well, that depends on how the team looks. =)
If I remember correctly, Space Mage can start the Cavern Trial as well.
-- Acyl
I'd like to be there, but I have something that night, and won't be home until very late.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
"Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right, Boo?"
Hmm, Thursday. Any clue what the minimum level is? Depedning on that I could bring either Shizuru or Yukino(Emp/Dark)When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
I believe min level is 15 or 16, but it's only the second time I've ever even talked to the contact for the trial, and the first time I'm getting to go on it for one of my toons. (The only other time I've been on the trial was a year or so ago with a toon on another server.) And because of the lovely people at my job and our obnoxious blocking software, I can't go look it up on any relevant site right now.
-- Bob
---------
I believe the level range is 12 to 15, though I could be mistaken.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I ain't sure.
From what I've heard, some kinda stealth or invisibility ability is good for this trial... and recall friend.
Granted, that's true for all trials and TFs, but...
*shrug* The way it looks, I'd probably run Space Mage or Syndesis. Space might contribute more, since she's got port and Shadow Fall for stealth... though, y'know, if we've got a plethora of defenders already, then nevermind. =)
-- Acyl
If you take Wide, he still has a Warburg nuke to pwn the HUGE room filled with mobs.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Mekadave

Well, I have my daughter that night, and won't be able to get there until 9:30 EST at the earliest. Bummer. [Image: ohwell.gif]
Here's the relevant info, though:
The Cavern of Transcendence Trial
The Cavern of Transcendence
Levels: 12 - 15
Contacts: Karsis ('The Hollows')
Factions: Circle of Thorns, Minions of Igneous, Trolls
Team Required: 8 members
Notable Foes: Mission #1: Koago, Arch-Villain (Minions of Igneous)
Badges: Transcendent
You have become the master of the mystical gateway beneath the Hollows.
More Info: City Information Terminal

Souvenir: Badge of Honor
Mission Index: Unlock the gateway - 1:30:00

The team of 8 is required for the entire trial. 8 obelisks have to be clicked simultaneously. Stealth and Recall are desirable for one character so he/she can get each team member into position at each obelisk without having to fight too many mobs and wasting time.
Oh yeah, it's TIMED. Joy! [Image: tongue.gif]
Stealth and Recall.... makes me wish Shining Binary was a Warshade instead of a PB. Warshade's are practically made for this Trial.
Global: @Jimmy Amp
"Broad-minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." -- Will Rogers
Sure, count me in.
Bella Fuego a LVL 50 Fire/Fire blaster - when you absolutely have to burn through everyone in the room. (Having a few high level exempts allow you to stockpile inspirations)
Shayne
Lincoln probably won't be available -- I don't get off work until 9 Pacific this Thursday.
On the other hand, I have the flu something fierce, and if it hasn't let up by then I certainly won't be going to work (deli section of Safeway, wouldn't want to spread the plague). So there's the possibility.
--Sam
"So, foul mucus, you turn on the nose that spawned you!"
Barring connection issues, Numero Catorce will be glad to be of assistance. Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Hmm, will have to check what Yukino actually has, otherwise Shizuru will be making the trip.When engaging, nothing beats a full frontal.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
I'm getting off of work at about 7 PM or so CST. I can be home by 8 CST/9EST. So count me in! Lora'Lai can use teh badge, of course. But I have some others who could be of more use. Including a Rad/Rad defender who's currently level 10. I might be able to level her up enough to make the trial if you think she'd be better suited. I also have Another Broadsword Scrapper at level 16 who could exempt down. What do you all think would be best?
-Logan
-----------------
"This kind of thing tends invariably to devolve into the kind of "No, Nakajima, THIS is true power!!" argument that only really works if you're yelling it from the cockpit of a giant robot . . ."
-----------------

Electroeagle

Either ElectroEagle (Elc/Elc Blaster) or Starshot Dove (Emotion/Dark Defender) are willing and able to assist you in this endavor.

His Lovely Wife

Depending on my level of consciousness that evening, Min may be avaiallble to follow the group around the Igneous kill fest for healing purposes. There is no way in hades she's trying the Cavern again. Sorry, not happening.
-Cindy
Wow. Looks like I'm going to have a virtual army backing up Sailor Null. Cool.
Thanks everyone. I'll see you all tomorrow night.
-- Bob
---------
Tachiko should be free, too, if there's room for one more. Never done one of these before, so she may need a little hand-holding. Currently level 13, I'll see if I can push her up to 14 tonight.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Just a bump, though I suspect that no one really needs a reminder.
-- Bob
---------
The flu still has me in its grip, so Lincoln probably will be available.
--Sam
"We're Santa's little Secret Service."
Barring internet connection problems, I can be there. Space Mage or Syndesis, depending on whether utility or damage is more crucial.
-- Acyl
Unfortunatly, I've got to step out of this one.
An unforseen complication (girlfriend) arose and decided that *tonight* was the night we're going out....Without a word...
...and a visit to the doctor may sideline me. n.n;
--Sam
"This is graveness."
Pages: 1 2 3 4