Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: NGE: Nobody Dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I was more amused by the Big O and Doctor Who references there, not to mention the heavy RahXephon inspiration, but yeah, good to see the classics referenced.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Quote:[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]ECSNorway[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b] wrote:[/b]

Quote:"Let's assume it doesn't break off its pattern of movement to attack Tokyo-2, then," Kozou says, tracing the pattern. It repeats several times, avoiding cities and towns, until finally hitting the center of a particular area.

"Okayama?" Kozou asks, "Why would it target Okayama?"

Tapping the hologram, Gendo pulls his hand back, zooming in. Displayed in front of them now is a small house in the middle of nowhere in the countryside, and a large X to show that Shalgiel's rampage would have lead it there.

"Why would Cherubim target your brother in law?" Kozou asks.

"Not him," Gendo says, "Not exactly. And I think I know why."
Oh... my.
I must conclude that the Cherubim do not know who they are messing with here.  Even if it's not the hyper-cosmic OAV versions, they will either erase you or BEFRIEND you if you mess with the family.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
the last bit in ch. 29 made me squee in delight - much appreciated in the middle of hour 4 in the middle of a damn airport.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Quote:I must conclude that the Cherubim do not know who they are messing with here. Even if it's not the hyper-cosmic OAV versions, they will either erase you or BEFRIEND you if you mess with the family.
What am I missing or forgetting here?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Okayama is where the Masaki shrine is located. And Tenchi's family home.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:And Tenchi's family home.

OH SH-
Did anyone else notice the strange resemblance between Shalgiel and the Gonarch of Half-Life?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
There is some resemblance at this point, yeah. Seems to be based off "Clockiel", the unnamed "hi then bye" Angel that Mari bumped off with Prov. Evangelion 05 before both it and 05 vanished in a fireball.

The comparison is not misplaced, though.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I have to admit that it was mostly the "Remember to spay or neuter your Angel!" comment by Mana, combined with camwyn's inspired Milliways-RP version of Gordon Freeman (acts_of_gord.livejournal.com) and his opinions of the Gonarch that put it into my mind.

http://acts-of-gord.livejournal.com/6933.html
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Okayama is where the Masaki shrine is located. And Tenchi's family home.
I can't believe I missed that.
-- Bob
---------

HoagieOfDoom

I thought that Okayama sounded familiar. I wasn't sure, though. I mean, Gregg Landsman has thus far proved that he can make something work no matter how outlandish it seems at first, but how the heck would/will he integrate Tenchi Muyo! into the mix?

*shrug* Who knows, maybe Jyuraians are Angels.
Quote:Rei! Access the Dirac Armory and finish them off!""No
time, Dr. Akagi," Rei responds, grabbing the targeting helm behind her
seat and pulling it over her face, "Unit 05! Use Death Blossom!"
A shout out out to "The Last Starfighter":
"You have been selected by NERV to defend the Earth against Adam and the Angel armada." That would make a good marketing slogan.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Quote:[b][b][b][b][b][b][b]HoagieOfDoom[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b] wrote:[/b]

I thought that Okayama sounded familiar. I wasn't sure, though. I mean, Gregg Landsman has thus far proved that he can make something work no matter how outlandish it seems at first, but how the heck would/will he integrate Tenchi Muyo! into the mix?
First of all, it could just be a red herring, Landsman messing with us or another shout out to join the other references peppering this story. 
Second if it is Tenchi and company, it depends on which of the assorted continuities they are based on.  The some of the characters from the OAV are eventually revealed to be on the destroy-and-restore-the-universe level of power.  The TV-series versions are more limited, though they can operate on the level of things seen in this story when Washu starts breaking out the advanced and probably illegal in most galaxies tech.  In fact, if Washu is a technical adviser to NERV, that would explain a lot.  There are also other continuities from books, manga, movies, video games, etc.
Which leads to the third question:  Are they going to be "as canon" or changed?  As a subset of this question, does "Nobody Dies" apply to Tenchi's mother? 
And yes, I am an hardcore obsessive fanboy when it comes to this particular franchise.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:

Which leads to the third question:  Are they going to be "as canon" or changed?  As a subset of this question, does "Nobody Dies" apply to Tenchi's mother? 
And yes, I am an hardcore obsessive fanboy when it comes to this particular franchise.
Dude, it would be so freakin' awesome to see Achika in action.  She was taking levels in Bad-Ass and Awesome before Tenchi was even a twinkle in his Father's eye.  In fact, quoting Ryouko from the American dub as Achika was blasting the Big Bad in a way that rivals Nanoha-chan:
Quote:Would you look at that!?  That's Tenchi's Mother alright!
Here's to more Epic Awesome!  Cheers!
Quote:Dude, it would be so freakin' awesome to see Achika in action.
Again, it depends on which continuity this pulls from.  Achika from the TV/Movie continuity is as you said.  In the OAV her name was Kiyone and she was prone to actions that made her seem maybe a quarter as crazy as TerrifyingRei.
----------
Quote:Hands folded in front of his mouth, Gendo Ikari surveys the table before him, the arranged tomes of knowledge and secrets. The Children are assembled, and it is Rei and Asuka's friend, Horaki, who will lead the proceedings, while he supervises. Like he always does.

"Okay, Rei, roll your character."

The dice falls where it may. The Children stare at it, and Horaki raises an eyebrow at Rei.

"Rei, that means your character has a charisma of 5," she says, "She's going to be…socially awkward."

"What in God's name is she?" Shinji asks.

"She's a Green Sun Princess Jedi Monk Inquisitor," Rei says, "Weee~ell, what I was going to do was take Scourge as my caste, then kinda take Khorne as my favored, so I could be awesome and silent and run around and make people explode like nuclear bombs and create a demon city made out of razor wind and screams that keeps on movin'. And stuff."

Gendo raises an eyebrow. He's getting the feeling Yui isn't going to be happy.

"Was Exalted 40K really the best idea for a tabletop game?" Shinji asks.

"Do you want to see what Rei's idea for a DnD character looked like?" Hikari responds.

Aaaaand New Chapter.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Gendo:  "I can do... Normal"
Really, that should be an entry in the ROTFL thread....
Quote:As it turns out, the car was 'Rei-inforced.' That meant it was structurally reinforced and armored to the point where NERV had Unit 00 punt it. If it was not damaged when it landed, it was fine for Rei to drive.

Yesssssssss.
Quote:"Okay, Asuka, you charge ahead and the demon casts Ground-To-Water. You're drowning.""Air is overrated!"

YESSSSSS.
...and Asuka discovers her canon personality in a small unused box, and decides it's something she wants to wear more often.
-- Bob
---------
Oh dear, but that was fun. Nice to see a bit of the old Asuka... and now that she has discovered this aspect of herself, won't she be just the perfect apprentice to Yui? *Evil Grin*
Quote:Heh. Heh heheheh. Oh, what the Hell.Please allow me to introduce myself,
I'm an Angel of wealth and taste.[/b]

[b]Oh, very nice.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/31/NGE_Nobody_Dies

31 is up!

[/b]
Quote:I am the multitude.

I am the endless expanse.

I am the Many.

Even standing alone, I am Legion.

...This gives me a certain amount of hope re: Mari, really.

Not much, given my understanding of comments made by the author over on Spacebattles, but a little.

It feels nice.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Is that an Excel Saga reference in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

-Morgan.
New Chapter is up.

Iruel's been trapped in the internet for ages. No wonder he hates the human race.

Oh, also, Illustrious Ex Machina. But I have to wonder what Junior's about to do...
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Hmm. Cyberpunk-Humanity-Loss nightmare: Check. Real-Life-Plus-Body-Horror nightmare: Check. Nothing-You-Can-Do-To-Help-Your-Loved-Ones nightmare: Check. Yep. Iruel's a bastard.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be too busy huddling over in this corner, squeeing over how Mari's Back.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12