Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My Sixth Plot Pony: Friendship is Sufficently Advanced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Why is it that it took a newbie over at EPU to bring to my attention that one Kris Overstreet is writing MLP stuff, then again what he's done so far hasn't grabbed me. Probably down to how much of the source I need to watch. Yes, Harumi's in the DVD backlog drawer or perhaps the 'Oi can't sleep, watch/read this' pile by my bed.

Still, there's three words for why WDF Life Science division shouldn't uplift/create a pony: Pinkamena Diane Pie.

Hazard

That sounds like plenty of reason to uplift/create other quadrupedal lifeforms based on the terrestrial pony. Because if Pinkie is case 0, you need something else to balance it out.

Well, that or it was cause B: GENOM wanted to screw up WDF Life Science Division's reputation and Pinkie is the only (known) survivor.

Also, Kris has been doing some writing on Spacebattles as well. 
Quote:Hazard wrote:
Well, that or it was cause B: GENOM wanted to screw up WDF Life Science Division's reputation and Pinkie is the only (known) survivor.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately described by stupidity, whimsy, or acts of Eris.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Hazard

Quote:Bluemage wrote:
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately described by stupidity, whimsy, or acts of Eris.
If GENOM is involved you can generally tick off the first three of those four boxes all at once...  
Quote:Jorlem wrote:
Quote:Foxboy wrote:
Hasbro's on a C&D Kick. They've just nuked JanAnimations, the guy behind the "Ask the Cutie Mark Crusaders" Tumblr, Picture Perfect Pony, Don't Mine at Night, and Button Mash videos.
From what I've seen, it isn't Hasbro, but a third party that Hasbro employs to search out and stop bootleg merch.  Apparently, one of Hasbro's VPs is looking into the situation, so it sounds like a case of the head not knowing what the foot is doing.
As an update on this, Hasbro has OK'ed Don't Mine at Night, which has been reuploaded by Jan.
Here's hoping the rest gets cleared too.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, I just skimmed through quickly. Kind of like the video compared to the show's songs, sort o' fing.

--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Dresden Fillies: False Masks has updated and is winding down.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight Strikers by PurpleProse (Nanoha/MLP)http://www.fimfiction.net/story/11021/5 ... tra-credit
The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments by Wanderer Dhttp://www.fimfiction.net/story/2593/15 ... the-mirror
So, I spent most of the weekend fan-boying over the season finale, but I have a somewhat trivial question that has been bugging me for the last week:

At what point did they retcon the change to Twilight's cutie mark? When she ascended to alicorn it went from one big star and five little ones arranged asymmetriclly to a symmetric arrangement of one big star and six little ones. As of the Equestrian Games, it was back to the old version. Was it like that all season and I just didn't notice?
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:
So, I spent most of the weekend fan-boying over the season finale, but I have a somewhat trivial question that has been bugging me for the last week:

At what point did they retcon the change to Twilight's cutie mark? When she ascended to alicorn it went from one big star and five little ones arranged asymmetriclly to a symmetric arrangement of one big star and six little ones. As of the Equestrian Games, it was back to the old version. Was it like that all season and I just didn't notice?
The change in Twi's cutie mark never actually happened.  If you pause at just the right moment after she ascended, but before her coronation (when she's in the dress), you can see that her cutie mark is still the same.  I believe there's a tweet from one of the staffers on the show floating around that says that the version with six small stars that appeared in the sky was an animation goof.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

The change in Twi's cutie mark never actually happened.  If you pause at just the right moment after she ascended, but before her coronation (when she's in the dress), you can see that her cutie mark is still the same.  I believe there's a tweet from one of the staffers on the show floating around that says that the version with six small stars that appeared in the sky was an animation goof.
Well, it also showed up when she had her moment of inspiration and the six-small-star version flashed in her eyes.  See here. It was also on the banners her attendants were carrying durring her coronation.
I've been going along thinking that was something reflecting her seizing her destiny and heading towards being a princess.  Then at the games I noticed that her throne was marked with the five-star version.  And you're right that the shots I find of her in that period before the coronation and since show the normal mark.
O.K. Whatever. It's not really worth taking up more forum space. 
----------
Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:

Well, it also showed up when she had her moment of inspiration and the six-small-star version flashed in her eyes.  See here. It was also on the banners her attendants were carrying durring her coronation.
I've been going along thinking that was something reflecting her seizing her destiny and heading towards being a princess.  Then at the games I noticed that her throne was marked with the five-star version.  And you're right that the shots I find of her in that period before the coronation and since show the normal mark.
O.K. Whatever. It's not really worth taking up more forum space. 
Well, I had already gone and taken a screencap myself, so I'm still going to post it.  Tongue-----
'A Proper Lady' the latest short story in the My(staras) Little Ponies: Friendship is Adventuring series by John Biles.http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2857/1 ... roper-lady
Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight StrikerS by PurpleProsehttp://www.fimfiction.net/story/11021/6 ... xamination

Sharing the Night by Cast-Iron Caryatid
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/16375/1 ... chapter-11
I just discovered that there is a sequel to Monster in the Twilight
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/143216/ ... t-part-one

I think he put a post up somewhere requesting help on determinating what his AC's truck supposed to be/look like, all I got from the story so far is it must be a mildly lifted straight-piped V8 diesel crew-cab.

His spec is one-tonne GP truck suitable for farm and town use.
The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments by Wanderer Dhttp://www.fimfiction.net/story/2593/16 ... ror-part-2
Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight StrikerS by PurpleProse (MLP/Nanoha)http://www.fimfiction.net/story/11021/7 ... 7-analysis
Holy crud... Has anyone been keeping tabs on RealityCheck's Alicornundrum? It somehow updated three chapters without my noticing!

Jenova Silverstar

They came and never left.... (Deviantart link)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13