Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Crossovers that Should Be: Super Double Bonus Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Seraviel

Originally posted (by me) on SpaceBattles:

The dorm was under attack.

"Isis, Magarudyne!" I yelled as the click of my evoker rang through the room. My persona appeared in a flash, and an enormous blast of wind cleared dozens of shadows on the other side of the windows.

It wasn't enough. The hole I made in the enemy forces filled near-instantly, and once more the shadows rushed the walls.

We'd actually been lucky that Ken and Koromaru were present, or we'd have been overwhelmed instantly. With the two of them defending the front, Aigis on the roof and Fuuka as support, we'd managed to hold on. I was getting tired, however, and Junpei beside me didn't seem any better.

I sent another Magarudyne, then fell on a single knee. Casting these was tiring, and I didn't have much more left. Still, I pulled out my evoker once more and prepared for another attack.

"Watch out!" Junpei suddenly yelled, and I barely had the time to prepare myself. A bolt of lightning hit me in the arm, and I cried out in pain.

"Blade of fury!" Junpei invoked, and Trismegistus rushed into the melee to buy us time. Junpei quickly reached me with medecine, and before long I was back to fighting readiness.

"You gonna be all right?" he asked.

I simply nodded, rising. I then reached out for my evoker, only for it not to be in its sheath.

Damn it! What is it with me and losing my evoker? It never happened to anybody else, just clumsy Yukari. "Go back to the wall," I told Junpei who nodded, then looked around for where it might have fallen.

I didn't have to check far.

There was a girl standing right at the entrance of the corridor, with my evoker in hand. She was one of the new arrivals, one of the dozen or so boys and girls put in the dorm now that Ikutsuki wasn't there to arrange this for the SEES anymore. She was... not Kokui, i remembered, but something like that.

Surprisingly, there was no hesitation in her movement. She took my evoker and pointed it right under her chin, just as I did.

My eyes went wide. "Don't!" I yelled. "You don't know what you're doing. This is dangerous!"

She just smiled. "Don't worry. She would never hurt me." She inclined her head a little. "She loves me."

Then her face went hard in a second. She looked up as my evoker clicked home, yelling through smiling lips words I couldn't have expected.

"Come! Black Rock Shooter!"

And right at her side did a woman appear, clad all in black, blue and white. The persona's left eye suddenly burst into blue flame (as did her summoner's, for some reason), and she withdrew a humongous black gun from somewhere behind her.

And then the battle was joined once more.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.
When Galactic Spacelines Flight 815 (Pilot John Robinson, co-pilot Don West) is forced down on an uncharted planet, the survivors find that they've entered a world full of incomprehensible mysteries and strange creatures like the "smoke monster" that is stalking them one-by-one, and day-to-day survival may not be the greatest challenge facing them...

Yes -- it's "Lost" In Space...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
*groan*
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
When Galactic Spacelines Flight 815 (Pilot John Robinson, co-pilot Don West) is forced down on an uncharted planet, the survivors find that they've entered a world full of incomprehensible mysteries and strange creatures like the "smoke monster" that is stalking them one-by-one, and day-to-day survival may not be the greatest challenge facing them...

Yes -- it's "Lost" In Space...
"Never fear; Locke is here!"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Bob Schroeck
wrote:

Quote:batzulger wrote:
Noir or
Madlax would fit right in as long as it was tech rather than
supernatural powering certain abilities. I have a story with a whole new
cast of characters ready to go once MINISCULE's
done.
Who knows what kind of biochemicals Altena
cooked up at the Manor?  If a jungle shaman's potion could give
Eliza Thornberry the ability to speak to animals, surely viticulture
could come up with something equally effective.
But
that's a topic for a different thread
entirely.
Proposed title: In Vino, ViolenceEither that or my collection of boardgames is far more dangerous than I had assumed.

The extra-dimensional stuff from Madlax is acceptable actually.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Had a weird idea while talking with my brother...

Crossover Zero no Tsukaima... with Infinite Stratos.

Thoughts?
Black Aeronaut Wrote:Had a weird idea while talking with my brother...

Crossover Zero no Tsukaima... with Infinite Stratos.

Thoughts?
All I can offer is a title: "Zero Times Infinity"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yeah, it's a little out there.

Tsjoat and I talked about that the other day. Basically what we came up with was that Houki and Tabane's mother comes from the other world and showed Tabane a bit of magic. (The AI Cores in the IS's are really magitech engines - it would certainly fill in a lot of gaping holes!)

Meanwhile, Ichika winds up getting ganked into the role of Gandalfir, and then shenanigans ensue - including Tabane figuring out how to get back to her mother's homeland and creating a permanent stable gateway between the two worlds.

Shit just goes off the rails from there.
Quote:Seraviel wrote:
Surprisingly, there was no hesitation in her movement. She took my evoker and pointed it right under her chin, just as I did.

My eyes went wide. "Don't!" I yelled. "You don't know what you're doing. This is dangerous!"

She just smiled. "Don't worry. She would never hurt me." She inclined her head a little. "She loves me."

Then her face went hard in a second. She looked up as my evoker clicked home, yelling through smiling lips words I couldn't have expected.

"Come! Black Rock Shooter!"

And right at her side did a woman appear, clad all in black, blue and white. The persona's left eye suddenly burst into blue flame (as did her summoner's, for some reason), and she withdrew a humongous black gun from somewhere behind her.

And then the battle was joined once more.
...for a second there, you had me wondering what the crossover was.  I'd never heard of Black Rock Shooter, so my first thought...
Well, my first thought was that it was a Stand, and wouldn't that just beat all?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
We've just swapped Doc Savage with Adam Savage. Because Doc needs a vacation, and Adam needs a new challenge. Evildoers and network TV, beware!

(Oh, and firing the build crew? The Man of Bronze took care of THAT stupidity PDQ....)
One night, an Empire 88 safehouse was massacred.  Every single thug in the building was found dead- some bludgeoned with lead pipes and baseball bats, others stabbed and sliced up with knives, and still others messily wiped out with household tools.  Nobody in the area heard or saw anything.
A week later, a Merchant warehouse was hit.  PRT Thinkers noted the similarity between the two incidents, and projected a 79% probability that the two crimes were performed by the same group.
The third week, the ABB found eight of their men brutally executed.  This time, though, a local saw something.  He claimed that a man in a rooster mask kicked down the door of the ABB hideout, and leaped inside.  Ten minutes later, he walked out- covered in blood- got in his car, and drove off like nothing had happened.
It's now the fourth week since the initial event, and questions are flying.  Who is that masked man?  Why is he murdering gang members every week?  Where will he strike next?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
SkyeFire Wrote:We've just swapped Doc Savage with Adam Savage. Because Doc needs a vacation, and Adam needs a new challenge. Evildoers and network TV, beware!

(Oh, and firing the build crew? The Man of Bronze took care of THAT stupidity PDQ....)
Too easy. Swap Adam Savage with Gil Kane's Savage 
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

"Who is the wizard teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts this year?"
"I didn't catch his name, but his hat has 'wizzard' written on it ... yes, with two z's."

Think about it. How often has Rincewind not only survived encounters with what the Potterverse would call Dark magic, but actually saved the day? His methods are unorthodox ... but they work.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least a short treatment of that. I think it was in one fothose omnibus fics like the Big Box of Silliness (renamed to something I can never remember a few years ago now, but meh) or Pieces of My Mind or Dogbertcarrol's Fragments series.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:robkelk wrote:
"Who is the wizard teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts this year?"
"I didn't catch his name, but his hat has 'wizzard' written on it ... yes, with two z's."

Think about it. How often has Rincewind not only survived encounters with what the Potterverse would call Dark magic, but actually saved the day? His methods are unorthodox ... but they work.
I actually suggested this here back nine years ago (almost to the day):
Quote:Of course you realize, since Rincewind has the secret of surviving everything, he's the perfect choice for DADA teacher. At which point they will discover that it's possible to outrun the Unforgiveable Curses.
Firvulag then commented (a bit dubiously) on the notion that "the power the Dark Lord knows not" is a half-brick in a sock ... but our host thought that would make a very funny punchline.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
O_O;

Dear GOD, I think I actually remember seeing that!

.... I feel old in a very strange way now.

(Although, people these days can call me old for remembering a time when Youtube didn't exist.)
I debated whether this belonged over in the Pony thread, but I eventually went with the CTSB.  If for no other reason than... well, you'll see.  Smile
What would you call that, anyway?  Giga Twilight Breaker?  That would make it a three-way crossover....

EDIT:  Dammit, video didn't embed.  Okay, try THIS!

And this:
Inspired by a conversation about non-combat witches over on the Eyrie forums:
Strike Witches/Kiki's Delivery Service
Somewhere in the Strike Witches 'verse, there's a little Dutch witch who's the fastest, most maneuverable courier that the Allied Forces has.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Asada Shino attends Kunugigaoka Junior High School (well before she'd start playing GGO). As in canon at her high school, her past becomes known to her fellow students and she's stigmatised and bullied by them, which has a detrimental effect on her grades. Fortunately Kunugigaoka has a policy in place for this - at the start of her third year she's dumped into Class 3-E.

For those not familiar with Sword Art Online and Assassination Classroom, this means that Shino, who has serious trauma regarding firearms that leads to panic attacks and flashbacks, is now in a a class where the students have been issued firearms (okay, rather realistic looking replicas that fire BBs) to shoot their teacher with. Because the fate of the Earth literally hangs on whether they can kill Korosensei before the end of the school year.

This is not going to go well.

At all.

As far as support goes, the guiding principle of Kunugigaoka is not to ever help Class 3-E. Karasuma, the government agent overseeing the class is a decent person caught between on the one hand a government (and school authorities) who won't care and on the other the fact that he's really not possessed of the social skills to help Shino.

Which means of course that Shino has only two possibilities for support: her classmates, and Korosensei. Fortunately, they're mostly decent kids and Korosensei is the best teacher ever. (And if Shino can get past her trauma, its only a matter of time until her potential talent as a sniper starts getting polished.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Pacific Rim/Kantai Collection.

Hey, they both involve alien monsters attacking from out of the oceans, so why not? Big Grin
Except that in Kantai Collection, the 'aliens' are loosely implied to the be US Navy.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Goosebumps
I wouldn't be surprised if this hasn't already been done.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Hmmm.

So, they're making a Doctor Strange movie for the MCU.

Which triggered off a little plot bunny for me.

Harry Dresden, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Day S.H.I.E.L.D. Fell Wrote:The base was on fire. And it really wasn't my fault.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
Hmmm.

So, they're making a Doctor Strange movie for the MCU.
not really a new bit of info, I heard about Doctor Strange months ago.
My personal theory is that his Eye of Agamato is gonna turn out to be the Soul Gem.