Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: the newest eyrie is out early this year....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Finally got through everything.

Whew!  What a RIDE!  (Like as if I would expect anything less from Gryphon and the Usual Suspects?  HAH!)

Really, that was a great note to end TTW on... though I wonder at how the heck he plans on topping THAT!

As for the rest of OWaW...

It's kinda funny.  Long before I got around to reading the most recent volume, I was wondering what a Strike Witches/Kan Colle crossover might look like.  Guess I don't have to wonder any more now, do I?

Oh, and I freaking laughed my ass off when the ultimate result of Francesca Luchini's battle cry at the Kaiser's wedding came to past.  I have to say, Hirohito in this universe is a much more likeable man.
well, I would comment that thanks to the Neuroi, the military had a real enemy to worry about instead of what 'our' history whispered in his ear?
New mini-story:

A Name to Call Her Own

Either Gryphon doesn't know about the Sengoku Witches dōjin, or he doesn't consider its events canonical for 332/S. But that's just me picking nits.
The 2011 mini-story Holiday in the Sun has had its ending tweaked to take into account the effects of Gallian Gothic, with Peter Eng getting credit for suggesting the new version.

http://www.eyrie-productions.com/Forum-d...4/193.html
'Gallian GothicThicker Than Water concludes. Again. For real this time! Gryphon has told Remilia the story of his preposterous life. Now he gets to wait and see what she makes of it. Act VIII: "Être Stupide Ensemble"'

I read all the way to the end before posting this, despite my intention to let y'all know first. That's how hooked I was. I laughed out loud at least once. My eyes, with apologies to the late great S. Morgenstern William Goldman, did not remain dry throughout. In two universes and two different ways, Gryph's still got it.
Apparently, I accidentally gave Gryphon a writing prompt.

"EX/DA Micro: Tapping the Wrong Vein"
'It's time to start Book 2 of Gallian Gothic. Life is good in the Scarlet Mansion. Discoveries occur; truths are told; plans are made. Notes From the Scarlet MansionAct I: "En Famille"'
'In the next installment of Gallian Gothic: The full moon has arrived once more, and with it an opportunity for Gryphon to catch up with himself—but he's not the only resident of the Scarlet Mansion feeling a bit restless. Book 2, Act II: "La Grand Rencontre"'
'In Gallian Gothic: Remilia's experience at Château Saint-Ulrich has brought her to some new conclusions—but to act on them, she needs to be sure a few key people know where she stands. Meanwhile, another member of the Scarlet Mansion's company notices an inauspicious detail. Act III: "Déclaration de Position"'

???

Thought you had posted this already Mamorien?
'In the next Gallian Gothic, Remilia's plan to make sure Flandre is ready for the world by the next full moon is proceeding... but who makes sure the world is ready for Flandre? And will Gryphon and Meiling ever get that furnace working? Act IV: "Magie Domestique"'
'the mini filling in most of the story Meiling told Gryphon off-camera in Book 2, Act III just went out on the Mini-Stories board:

Gallian Gothic: Ryūjin no Yōkai'
In Act V of Gallian Gothic Book 2, the party is crashed by an unpredicted intruder who turns out to be more than she appears.
'Suddenly, when you least expect it, a new episode of The Order of the RoseThe Federation Lives Forever! appears. The girls of Hōkago Tea Time are on their way to Jeraddo to join Kate for the 2410 fall semester at DSM. It's the latest, and arguably biggest, in a series of changes, and it invites contemplation. Chapter 20: "Roll With the Changes"'

I know I was not, for one, expecting it (though I'm not complaining either).
New mini-story, inspired by a pair of Scott Brothers Duo videos: "Let Rolling Streams Their Gladness Show".
'In the next Gallian Gothic, the Scarlet Mansion's guest is settling in, and preparations are underway for the next full moon—but as busy as everyone is, there's still time for a quiet moment or two along the way. Act VI: "L'Intérêt d'une Divulgation Complète"'
New mini-story. If you give Gryphon the Scarlet Devil Mansion, you must give the World Witches The Pros from Dover.
'Here is the next installment of Gallian Gothic: Preparations are stepping up for the next full moon, and everybody's getting in on the fun. Act VII: "Le Départ"'
It's a new Panzermädchen Files mini! It's a continuation of the Touhou kick! It's a Fait Accompli!

("I think it's a strapless evening gown.")
Huh. And here I didn't say anything because not only was it a Fait Accompli, but that someone had to have already mentioned it.
'As Book 3 of Gallian Gothic opens, the Scarlet sisters and company have embarked on an expedition to Paris, in a bid to rejoin the world. But are they ready for the world... and is the world ready for them? Act I: "Nuits à Paris"'
For completeness' sake: 'With the start of Gallian Gothic Book 3, here is a compiled omnibus edition of Book 2: Notes from the Scarlet Mansion.'
'Book 3 of Gallian Gothic continues. While they wait for the President of Gallia to return to Paris, the Scarlet Mansion party have plenty of time to explore the capital—and to discover that, even in a modern city, the twentieth century still has magic to be found. Act II: "Fait avec Soin"'
The delays occasioned by the recent argument between Gryphon's forehead and his bookcase* turn out not as bad as I, for one, had feared.

Quote:When last we left the main Our Witches at War series, Gryphon and Shizuka Hattori had undertaken a curious project for the Imperial Fusō Navy. Now that Gallian Gothic's timeline has caught up, let's see how they're getting along. Episode 21 (and Part 2 of Our Fighting Fleet): "Sea Trials"

* Which was in turn occasioned, in case you hadn't heard, by an argument between his knee and gravity.
As I understand it, his knee ceasing to argue with gravity's urging was the problem, so it was alas an agreement between his knee and gravity that caused him that injury.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13