Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: CoH: Technical problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Kokuten

here's one for ya.
I just added a disk to my machine, set it as primary boot device installed windows and drivers and etc.
So I'm up, running, and drivered. My old RAID array is drive E, and city of heroes is on it in e:program filescity of heroes
On the old windows install, that was the C drive.
So I run the COHupdater.exe, and it asks me if it's OK to install in C:program filescity of heroes.
That would be a 'no'. I tell it to install in e:program filescity of heroes, where there's already an installation.
It concurs, sees a mess of Piggs, and checksums them.
All is well, but wait.. what's a File Manifest, why am I downloading it, and why won't it download?
*scratches head*Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Kokuten

Edit:
Nevermind!
it took a bloody half hour to get like 7kb of file, though.
I may burn my ISP to the ground.
new ISP installs monday!
thanks for, err.. not throwing bricks.
cheers.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
If you're certain that your current download is already up to date, there's an easy way to bypass the CoH updater and launch the game client directly. Make a copy of the shortcut and smack something at the end of the file path...
I forget what it is, however, and can't check right now - I ain't home. It's useful though, if you're having trouble connecting to the update servers (and just the update servers)... the updater also insists on checking all files when you re-launch the client after a crash, so it's sometimes useful to skip past that and get straight back into the game.
I believe the tech support forums on the official CoH forums have more specific advice concerning porting the game between different drives or computers, and a laundry list of possible fixes to do with the updater...so it may be a good idea to check that out. Or not, as the case may be.
-- Acyl