| Welcome, Guest |
You have to register before you can post on our site.
|
| Online Users |
There are currently 3448 online users. » 0 Member(s) | 3445 Guest(s) Applebot, Bing, Google
|
| Latest Threads |
Fic Update Thread 64: Wil...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Shepherd
1 hour ago
» Replies: 47
» Views: 1,963
|
To my fellow Canadians...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 47
|
The Imperial Presidency, ...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Jinx999
Yesterday, 01:26 PM
» Replies: 277
» Views: 56,068
|
Meanwhile, in Canada...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: classicdrogn
Yesterday, 11:17 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 12,625
|
Political Images thread t...
Forum: Politics and Other Fun
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 10:31 AM
» Replies: 266
» Views: 45,126
|
Image dump thread XXXII
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
Yesterday, 10:28 AM
» Replies: 117
» Views: 11,495
|
The Dead Dove Locker -- "...
Forum: Other People's Fanfiction
Last Post: Mamorien
10-09-2026, 07:33 PM
» Replies: 198
» Views: 45,132
|
Dearly Departed of 2026
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: Norgarth
10-09-2026, 03:36 PM
» Replies: 86
» Views: 13,171
|
I'm back...
Forum: The Legendary
Last Post: Bob Schroeck
10-09-2026, 01:23 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 1,462
|
All The Tropes Wiki Proje...
Forum: General Chatter
Last Post: robkelk
10-09-2026, 11:29 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 11,151
|
|
|
| Joker/Harley love theme? |
|
Posted by: classicdrogn - 04-29-2013, 09:45 PM - Forum: General Chatter
- No Replies
|
 |
I would have put this in the Videos thread, but it's just a still. I would have put it in The Game, but I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW what Doug's powers would make of this freaky shti. It's just... warped and twisted and happy and scary and all around wrong, and therefore perfect for H/J shipping. Argh, my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rr_eGwKb3 ... 562ED931D6
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
|
|
|
| Now why did I not think of this before? |
|
Posted by: ordnance11 - 04-28-2013, 01:16 AM - Forum: General Chatter
- No Replies
|
 |
I decided to use the dual monitor set-up that is available in the graphics cardin my new pc, since it has dual monitor. Bought and HDMI cable and a HDMI to DVI adapter. Hooked both ends tp the appropriate slots. And then set up to extend the displays. Now I can watch HD on the big screen! Hoo-aah!
__________________
Into terror!, Into valour!
Charge ahead! No! Never turn
Yes, it's into the fire we fly
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
|
|
|
| 'Danelaw Divergence? |
|
Posted by: Proginoskes - 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM - Forum: Fenspace
- Replies (7)
|
 |
You know what would be useful? A list of differences between the Mundane Governments of Fenspace and the political climate of OTL. Doesn't have to be too detailed, just what's been established somewhere. I know, for instance, that somebody other than Barack Obama won the US 2008 Presidential Election, but I can't remember who, and having a central listing of that kind of thing would be convenient.
|
|
|
| What's your favourite older SF story? |
|
Posted by: robkelk - 04-25-2013, 04:15 AM - Forum: General Chatter
- Replies (32)
|
 |
I have a reason to make a pseudo-representative list of older SF, so... What's your favourite older science-fiction story?
Two requirements: - It must be at least 20 years old; and
- It must be set in the future, as of when it was written. (Macross' starting date of 1999 counts as "the future" since the show is from the mid-1980s, for example.)
Other than that, anything goes. Any medium (print, audio, visual), any language, any intended audience.
No need to defend your choice, and please don't denigrate anyone else's.
I'll start the list by offering my entry: Heinlein's The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
(Edit: linked to the aforementioned reason)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."
- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
|
|
|
| How small do computers get nowadays? |
|
Posted by: robkelk - 04-25-2013, 04:03 AM - Forum: General Chatter
- Replies (6)
|
 |
I know one can get a pretty small computer nowadays, but how small?
The smallest I know of is the http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs]Raspberry Pi, at 85.60mm × 56mm × 21mm. (Yes, I know it's an educational "toy" machine. It's still a working computer.) However, that's too big for the empty Godiva chocolate boxes I have, with interior dimensions of 80mm × 38mm × 18mm ... Does anyone know of a smaller computer than the Pi, or am I going to have to find a different use for these metal boxes that no longer hold chocolate?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."
- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
|
|
|
| Things that need killing.... |
|
Posted by: Rod.H - 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM - Forum: Politics and Other Fun
- Replies (1)
|
 |
Now, I believe I'm your typical average human with a standard view of things that just don't belong to this world and should be removed from it. That typically means things that would like to do the same back to me - like snakes, spiders, certain big cats; and the others: aliens (of the Grey, E.T. & Xenomorph varieties), zombies, certain cybernetic organisms, dinosaurs.
But lately, for me another thing's been popping up on that list: Fundamentalist religious extremists. Now for me it's something that's been drifting off & on that list for the last decade, and it's not just pegged at one group, it's all of them! I suppose this recent bout has come about after watching a recent news piece on how Pakistan's going to shit, featuring a Hitler-lite* stirring up a crowd, leaving me wondering why isn't anyone doing anything to shut that...ugh person up. From there for me it got worse it wasn't just one Hitler-lite, it's a whole group of them whose memetic message is reaching many levels and the government officials that question their view or oppose them are getting Trojan horsed.
And it's a message that's spreading.
*I'm using the 'charismatic vitriol-spewing speechmaker' meaning of the word
|
|
|
|