Drunkard's Walk Forums
If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... (/showthread.php?tid=12677)

If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - robkelk - 12-08-2017

... could you give me a hand sorting out the 3D-art freebies for making fanart, please?

We've got a little list on the freebie wiki. The regular editors don't play the game, and the page is getting messy.

The second-largest section on the page is "to be sorted" - we don't know where those links should go. The largest section is "Imperium of Man", and I've been lead to believe that there are recognizable sub-sections that could go here... but I don't know what those sections are.

What should go where?

RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - DHBirr - 12-08-2017

A few sections under "Imperium" (not an exhaustive list; I'm not a very serious fan):
Imperial Guard
Imperial Navy
Space Marines a.k.a. Adeptus Astartes 
Adeptus Mechanicus

A picture marked Dreadnought (or the alternate spelling Dreadnaught), or Terminator, is probably a Space Marine in super-heavy armor.  An Apothecary is a Space Marine, too.  I saw reference to a Rhino, which is an APC the Marines use and the Guard don't (the Astartes are elite; the Guard are treated more as cannon fodder). 

Any image for which the title includes the word "Titan" is likely to be a humongous mecha of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - Norgarth - 12-08-2017

Glancing thru the 'To Be Sorted' list

DK Battle Gear and Crozius -- looks like one of the Imperial Guard sub-categories (different styles based on planet of origin)

DK Heavy Motar Fixed -- Again, looks like Guard

Darkmagi's/SHR's Necro Shotgun re-post -- generic weapon used by many factions

Laz Pistol & Holster + Re-breather Mask -- again generic weapon used by various factions

Armor space marine MK 7 for freack model 01 -- page not found error

Abigael sniper, inquisition Acolyte warhammer 40k -- Imperial Inquisition (yet another subfaction, can probably be lumped in with Guard in a pinch)

Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters Warhammer 40k -- ''Khorne' is a major Chaos keyword, and 'Daemon' is usually Chaos as well

props imperial guard weapons warhammer 40k -- both links are Imperial Guard props

heavy weapon imperial guard warhammer 40k -- Imperial Guard

officer bridge ship battlefleet gothic 40k -- Imperial Navy

Adrastia Inquisition model for jessy poser 6 -- Imperial Inquisition

catachan fighter model w40k -- Imperial Guard

RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - robkelk - 12-08-2017

Thanks for the help. This gives me a starting point, at least...

RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - firvulag - 12-11-2017

With the exception of the Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters, I think everything that's still unsorted is one sub-faction of the Imperium or another.

From the look of them, the DK battle gear is probably Deathkorps of Krieg, a Guard regiment

The Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters, are Chaos.

And I think you've got a couple of items mis-sorted under Imperial
- necron chamber 40k scenery
- necron strider troop 40k universe fully poseable
should both be under the Necron faction.

RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house... - robkelk - 12-11-2017

Again, thanks.

I now have the "to be sorted" entries sorted, and the Necron entries moved... but I haven't started dividing the Imperium entries yet. Does anybody have a 26-hour day they could lend me?