Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house...
If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house...
... could you give me a hand sorting out the 3D-art freebies for making fanart, please?

We've got a little list on the freebie wiki. The regular editors don't play the game, and the page is getting messy.

The second-largest section on the page is "to be sorted" - we don't know where those links should go. The largest section is "Imperium of Man", and I've been lead to believe that there are recognizable sub-sections that could go here... but I don't know what those sections are.

What should go where?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: If there's a Warhammer 40,000 fan in the house...
A few sections under "Imperium" (not an exhaustive list; I'm not a very serious fan):
Imperial Guard
Imperial Navy
Space Marines a.k.a. Adeptus Astartes 
Adeptus Mechanicus

A picture marked Dreadnought (or the alternate spelling Dreadnaught), or Terminator, is probably a Space Marine in super-heavy armor.  An Apothecary is a Space Marine, too.  I saw reference to a Rhino, which is an APC the Marines use and the Guard don't (the Astartes are elite; the Guard are treated more as cannon fodder). 

Any image for which the title includes the word "Titan" is likely to be a humongous mecha of the Adeptus Mechanicus.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Glancing thru the 'To Be Sorted' list

DK Battle Gear and Crozius -- looks like one of the Imperial Guard sub-categories (different styles based on planet of origin)

DK Heavy Motar Fixed -- Again, looks like Guard

Darkmagi's/SHR's Necro Shotgun re-post -- generic weapon used by many factions

Laz Pistol & Holster + Re-breather Mask -- again generic weapon used by various factions

Armor space marine MK 7 for freack model 01 -- page not found error

Abigael sniper, inquisition Acolyte warhammer 40k -- Imperial Inquisition (yet another subfaction, can probably be lumped in with Guard in a pinch)

Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters Warhammer 40k -- ''Khorne' is a major Chaos keyword, and 'Daemon' is usually Chaos as well

props imperial guard weapons warhammer 40k -- both links are Imperial Guard props

heavy weapon imperial guard warhammer 40k -- Imperial Guard

officer bridge ship battlefleet gothic 40k -- Imperial Navy

Adrastia Inquisition model for jessy poser 6 -- Imperial Inquisition

catachan fighter model w40k -- Imperial Guard
Thanks for the help. This gives me a starting point, at least...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
With the exception of the Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters, I think everything that's still unsorted is one sub-faction of the Imperium or another.

From the look of them, the DK battle gear is probably Deathkorps of Krieg, a Guard regiment

The Daemons Of Khorne Bloodletters, are Chaos.

And I think you've got a couple of items mis-sorted under Imperial
- necron chamber 40k scenery
- necron strider troop 40k universe fully poseable
should both be under the Necron faction.
The Roman Rule:  The one who says it cannot be done should
                 never interrupt the one who is doing it.
    -- BSD fortune file
Again, thanks.

I now have the "to be sorted" entries sorted, and the Necron entries moved... but I haven't started dividing the Imperium entries yet. Does anybody have a 26-hour day they could lend me?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown