Drunkard's Walk Forums
Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Forum Competition (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said (/showthread.php?tid=13617)

Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Bob Schroeck - 09-25-2019

The reason I've taken so long to start up the Forum Competition is that I couldn't decide what challenge to start with.  So I gave up and went with an old favorite, the example for which some of you might have seen in the thread where I first discussed the competition.  So, may I please bring you:

Competition #1:  What I Should Have Said/What I Said

1. “Look, there’s a lot of traffic, and he’s probably stuck in a meeting all day and didn’t get your message, or he’d have called. I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about.”
2. “Maybe he’s dead.”

Above, esprit d'escalier striking with a vengeance.  Competitors are invited to contribute a thoughtful, well-composed comment... and what you actually said instead.

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Dragonflight - 09-25-2019

1. "Superman."
2. "Dammit Clark, don't sneak up on me like that!"

Edit: Mixed them up by accident.

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - classicdrogn - 09-26-2019

1: (insert joke here)
2: but I can't think of anything that works without more set up...

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Labster - 09-27-2019

1. You can’t trust actors — too many of them are involved in seditious, Un-American activities.
2. Thanks for the tickets! A night at Ford’s Theater sounds like a great way to celebrate the end of the war.

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Dartz - 09-27-2019

1: I'll take care of it.
2: I'm too busy to take care of it

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - robkelk - 09-27-2019

What I should have said: "You should go through your client service rep; she knows who to talk with."
What I said: "Sure, call me directly."

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Star Ranger4 - 10-01-2019

#1: "Hmm. We're at +4/x8. Maybe I should let the tank get in there and grab most of the agro first?"

#2: "NOVA!... owie. Carp"

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Rajvik - 10-02-2019

#1 Fuck this shit, i ain't playing
#2 I don't think this is an appropriate game for me

RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said - Bob Schroeck - 10-09-2019

And the competition is closed.

Normally, Mary Ann Madden would provide a report on common duplicates among the entries she received in the mail, but our medium here kind of prevents repeats from happening. However, I can judge a winner, and maybe I'm biased because I'm a City of Heroes player, but I laughed most at Star Ranger4's entry. Sadly, I don't have a year's subscription to New York Magazine to offer you, Star, but you do get a year's access to the forums for free! <grin>

Meanwhile, the next competition is here.