Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said
Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said
The reason I've taken so long to start up the Forum Competition is that I couldn't decide what challenge to start with.  So I gave up and went with an old favorite, the example for which some of you might have seen in the thread where I first discussed the competition.  So, may I please bring you:

Competition #1:  What I Should Have Said/What I Said

1. “Look, there’s a lot of traffic, and he’s probably stuck in a meeting all day and didn’t get your message, or he’d have called. I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about.”
2. “Maybe he’s dead.”

Above, esprit d'escalier striking with a vengeance.  Competitors are invited to contribute a thoughtful, well-composed comment... and what you actually said instead.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Competition #1: What I Should Have Said/What I Said
1. "Superman."
2. "Dammit Clark, don't sneak up on me like that!"

Edit: Mixed them up by accident.
1: (insert joke here)
2: but I can't think of anything that works without more set up...
--
‎noli esse culus
1. You can’t trust actors — too many of them are involved in seditious, Un-American activities.
2. Thanks for the tickets! A night at Ford’s Theater sounds like a great way to celebrate the end of the war.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
1: I'll take care of it.
2: I'm too busy to take care of it

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
What I should have said: "You should go through your client service rep; she knows who to talk with."
What I said: "Sure, call me directly."
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
#1: "Hmm. We're at +4/x8. Maybe I should let the tank get in there and grab most of the agro first?"

#2: "NOVA!... owie. Carp"
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
#1 Fuck this shit, i ain't playing
#2 I don't think this is an appropriate game for me
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

And the competition is closed.

Normally, Mary Ann Madden would provide a report on common duplicates among the entries she received in the mail, but our medium here kind of prevents repeats from happening. However, I can judge a winner, and maybe I'm biased because I'm a City of Heroes player, but I laughed most at Star Ranger4's entry. Sadly, I don't have a year's subscription to New York Magazine to offer you, Star, but you do get a year's access to the forums for free! <grin>

Meanwhile, the next competition is here.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....