Drunkard's Walk Forums
The Trailers Thread II - Printable Version

+- Drunkard's Walk Forums (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chatter (http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Trailers Thread II (/showthread.php?tid=13996)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-01-2021

No Time to Die final trailer

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 09-02-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - hazard - 09-02-2021

Right, let's see the next fantasy series about to be butchered.

I suppose it helps the series has concluded and the author's dead.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - classicdrogn - 09-02-2021

I wonder if the doc smith estate has passed to someone who doesn't hate Lensmen yet? It would be cool to see an actual adaptation of that, instead of what was done with the 90s anime OVA. Not that it was bad in its own right as long as you allow for the then-current state of the art for blending 3D and cell animation, but literally nothing save a handful of names were actually related to the original books, and they could be done so much better on even a modest budget today.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-02-2021

I gotta admit, while reading the Lensmen books, every once in a while I'd come across something that would make me pause and shake my head at the cultural baggage of the time.  Like for one thing, EVERYONE smokes.  Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, you name it.  Or the head of the Star Patrol's entire medical department commenting that he can tell how moral the hero is because of how straight his bones are on an X-ray. ( Huh  Confused Huh )

a less amusing realization was that I don't recall a single non-white Earthman showing up.  Nobody with black, brown, red, or yellow skin. There was a villain who was human in form other than his blue skin, and some aliens who were distinctly non-human, but every Earthling was Caucasian.  Dodgy

RE: The Trailers Thread II - LynnInDenver - 09-03-2021

(09-02-2021, 11:14 PM)Norgarth Wrote: I gotta admit, while reading the Lensmen books, every once in a while I'd come across something that would make me pause and shake my head at the cultural baggage of the time.  Like for one thing, EVERYONE smokes.  Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, you name it.  Or the head of the Star Patrol's entire medical department commenting that he can tell how moral the hero is because of how straight his bones are on an X-ray. ( Huh  Confused Huh )

a less amusing realization was that I don't recall a single non-white Earthman showing up.  Nobody with black, brown, red, or yellow skin. There was a villain who was human in form other than his blue skin, and some aliens who were distinctly non-human, but every Earthling was Caucasian.  Dodgy

On my count, it was the idea that women only stopped wearing skirts habitually when the antigrav tubes replaced elevators, and that only strong jawed men did the punching out.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 06:25 AM)LynnInDenver Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 11:14 PM)Norgarth Wrote: I gotta admit, while reading the Lensmen books, every once in a while I'd come across something that would make me pause and shake my head at the cultural baggage of the time.  Like for one thing, EVERYONE smokes.  Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, you name it.  Or the head of the Star Patrol's entire medical department commenting that he can tell how moral the hero is because of how straight his bones are on an X-ray. ( Huh  Confused Huh )

On my count, it was the idea that women only stopped wearing skirts habitually when the antigrav tubes replaced elevators, and that only strong jawed men did the punching out.

oh yeah, the 'Proper Women are psychologically incapable of violence' was another of those weird concepts, I recall the characters commenting that a mob hitwoman was obviously mentally damaged based just on the evidence that she was a killer.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 09-03-2021

Guys? Please take the Lensmen discussion elsewhere? It's off topic for this thread.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-06-2021

Red Notice

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Shepherd - 09-08-2021

One the one hand, I love Edgar Wright films, and each movie seems better than the last, but on the other hand, I hate horror films. Sad

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-09-2021

The Matrix 4 Resurrections

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 09-11-2021

Borderlands meets D&D in...

Complete with BABYMETAL soundtrack, apparently.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 09-13-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 09-20-2021

Finch (staring Tom Hanks)

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 09-27-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 10-02-2021

A new nature miniseries hosted by Will Smith coming to Disney+

RE: The Trailers Thread II - classicdrogn - 10-02-2021

A longer clip from Red Notice, mentioned above already:

So what I'm getting between the two is "Mad Magazine's Black Spy vs White Spy (vs Red Spy) The Movie." And that's awesome.

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-08-2021

How have I failed to hear about this before now?

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 10-09-2021

HBO's House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-12-2021

And history repeats itself...

I like the extreme closeup on the one cop that shows his name is "McAllister". Incoming cameo?

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-14-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-16-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Norgarth - 10-16-2021

The Flash

Hawkeye Trailer 2

Batman trailer 2

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-21-2021

RE: The Trailers Thread II - Bob Schroeck - 10-21-2021