Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Hornet trailer out...
Green Hornet trailer out...
...and this movie is either going to be crazy awesome, or it will suck rocks.
Given it's coming out in January, the "let's throw out the stuff that's gone bad" month in the movie release calendar, I think I know which way that will go -- but I might go see it anyway.
See the trailer here.  (German website, but English trailer.  I think that says something right there, as I can't seem to find it on YouTube or anywhere else.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Found it via Wikipedia at the official website

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thegreenhornet/

Have yet to find it elsewhere.

Well, of course I forgot to look at the studio's site.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It'll be hard to tell, I imagine, since the premise of this is going to include a certain amount of cornball no matter what.

And, of course, Kato is once again the competent one.

I didn't look closely enough at the trailer, but a good gauge of how much the production team loved doing this will be if there's a Lone Ranger painting SOMEWHERE in the house.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
I dunno...
That just didn't look like a Green Hornet movie to me. Yes, I understand that it's got to be modernized and adapted, but at the end I didn't have a "yup, that's the Green Hornet" feeling.

Felt like they were doing a Sherwood Shwartz version, especially with their bargain basement "Will Farrell-alike."

Meh. I'll take my dad to see it anyway. It doesn't have to be "great cinema." it just has to be fun.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll