Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Say, Hit Our Crops With That Raygun. Thanks!
Say, Hit Our Crops With That Raygun. Thanks!
Raytheon discovers one of its most recent weapons development products will make more money as farm equipment.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

There's a famous and relevent proverb which fits here.
A mad science idea
All you need to do is place a lot of those in the southern tier states as an omni directional antenna with the option of making them directional at a touch of a switch. Then you have tethered dirigibles with lenses that capture, focus and redirect the beams to bigger lenses in a pyramid scheme. And the combined heat ray is then focused on target below or above as needed. So you have frost fighters for peacetime you and if need be an anti-satellite, plane boat or ballistic missle system. within the Carribean basin. Hell, we can burn Cuba to the ground without sending a single piece of military hardware.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Reminds me in a way (and I think I've already mentioned this a few years ago) of how the PRC launched rice into orbit to see if cosmic radiation would have any useful effects on it. No word on whether the rice developed hard orange crusts, let alone stretching, flaming, or invisibility powers.

Quote:and if need be an anti-satellite, plane boat or ballistic missle system. within the Carribean basin. Hell, we can burn Cuba to the ground without sending a single piece of military hardware.
Better yet, if the Johnny Rebs try to "rise again," we can send the South up in smoke.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr Wrote:Reminds me in a way (and I think I've already mentioned this a few years ago) of how the PRC launched rice into orbit to see if cosmic radiation would have any useful effects on it. No word on whether the rice developed hard orange crusts, let alone stretching, flaming, or invisibility powers.

At least it wasn't ham.

-Morgan.