Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want to know what best follows a snow storm?
Do you want to know what best follows a snow storm?
A wind storm!

Then an ice storm!

Followed by another snow storm!

Followed by another wind storm!

Gorrammit, Western Washington is supposed to get one three inch snow fall a year than the rest of the winter is fourty two and rainy. That was the deal!
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"

I think the paperwork got mixed up with Michigan.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Eh, every region has their off-periods. For example, it is well known that San Antonio, TX usually stays nicely balmy on most winters with most precipitation, if any, coming in the form of rain. However, every thirteen years or so it seems they get a nice blizzard that'll dump an 'unprecedented' amount of snow on the city.

I know because I remember such a snowfall when I was three years old. Smile

Then I guess I got out of Seattle just in time, eh?

I've been in the Puget Sound for a few of their Winter Meltdowns. Shit ain't pretty. Last time it happened while I was living in Bremerton - got something like six inches of snow in one night. The good folks at the bus barn sallied forth by fitting the school buses with chains at a break-neck pace... after they got the barn itself plowed. The buses were three hours late, but we got to school anyways.

That said, though, what Bad Moon posted is a little much, even for the usual Meltdown.

Quote:The good folks at the bus barn sallied forth by fitting the school buses with chains at a break-neck pace... after they got the barn itself plowed.

Why didn't they just push the button?

(Busses up here are auto-chaining. They have chainflails mounted inboard of the duals that sling chain out into the intersection of the front of the tires and the road. Works a trick)

I actually had to work at the local office instead of driving ~50 mi into the main office, which is my normal pattern. When I pulled the plug and cancelled the trip in, I was on the phone with my gas control office. I try to decelerate from 20 to 15mph, and then I say 'Wheeeeeeeee!' as my van goes sideways and starts pirouetting in the offramp O_O.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

My boss called me and said work from home this week, he needs me alive at least until the project is done.  Eastern Washington is having super fun happy snow time early this year.  Wind chill has us at 18 below last night, whiteout conditions.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Jorlem Wrote:I think the paperwork got mixed up with Michigan.
I think you're right. We haven't even had any snow yet.

... And right now I'm so glad that I'm on a business trip in Cape Town, South Africa. 70-80 degrees, absolutely beautiful summer weather, and a view of Table Mountain out of my hotel window. Who could ask for more? :lol

Hey, at least your weather is consistent.

(Today's high in Ottawa: 15°C/60°F. Tonight's low in Ottawa: -6°C/21°F. How the heck is one supposed to plan for that big a temperature swing?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

layers
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Aaaaaand it looks like it'll all be gone by Black Friday. Transient, the Puget Sound is. At least I won't have to dodge car wrecks anymore.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"