Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[fluff] Which Senshi-GM are you?
[fluff] Which Senshi-GM are you?
I'm catching up on In Which Shadowjack Watches Sailor Moon, and I've reached http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?617 ... st15303262]the post where he discusses what sort of GM and player each of the Senshi is. (Don't worry; he gets to http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?617 ... st15303701]the other two a bit later.)

None of them match me exactly, but Mamoru's pretty close... although I'll admit to a dash of Minako's style, too.

So... Which Senshi-GM are you?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I'd probably be one of the Dark Generals. I have lots of ideas that seem good, but don't quite work out.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I'm self-aware enough to say I'm too much like Usagi for my own good. I am, at best, one step ahead of the players. I have yet to throw dice, though.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Half and half Usagi and Makoto.

Frustratable and forgets to prepare from time to time. But on the gripping hand I always supply communist snacks and I'm a decent enough model painter.

As a GM some usagi (mainly lack of prep), some Rei (can never predict players when I prep), some Mamoru (House-rules yay. Most game designers are idiots.*), trying to be Ami/Setsuna GM (Well prepared weird and successful GM).

As a player I have mostly been tending to Ami/Setsuna.

*I has a masters in game design. Probably an idiot myself.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

As a GM, something of a mix of Ami and Mamoru, with a bit of Makoto and Rei. (There is no plot, it's all socially driven. Use systems I know rather well. My own settings, sometimes with a few house rules to customize them. But not straying too far from traditional GM.)

As a player. ... Usagi/Minako, I guess.
--
"Remember, the truth is out there." —Johnny
"It is? Oh, I hope it doesn't maul anyone this time." —me

I'm probably currently a Hotaru-GM for I've a variety of gaming things but no clue on when I can use 'em. I mean I've got decks of ST/SW:CCG, Mechwarrior - heroclick & card game, the BGC RPG, I've got a GURPS book or two and a M:TG deck around here somewhere too.

Actually the only game I can get regularly is tabletop minis of the GW family mainly due to having a nearby GW store. Yes, I play the ultrasmurfs - badly - at a location where it's mainly GK, BA, BrR, IG, with the odd sightings of CSM, Necrons, DE & Eldar, followed by 'Nyds, Orks & Tau.

Heh, it could be worse I might be wanting a SoB army....which for some reason I'm thinking of as doing for an Armies on Parade board. Which I doubt I could do justice to, for I'm currently probably a better modeller than a painter.

--Rod.H