Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, now that was fun...
OK, now that was fun...
Peg and I went to a performance by http://www.youtube.com/user/lindseystomp]Lindsey Stirling in Montclair last night and had a great time.  I shot video of her number "Electric Daisy Violin", a YouTube video of which posted here about a year or so back first introduced us to her; when I get a chance I'll put it up on my YouTube account, but due to an abundance of smoke it's rather foggy...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I hate you.
(not really; just really, really, really jealous)

Check out her website, she's on tour in the US for a while yet, after which she has a European tour starting in Russia and ending in Sweden. I don't know where you're at, NifT, but maybe she's going to come near you soon. And if our experience is anything to go by, the ticket prices are very reasonable.
-- Bob
---------

Southern Maryland.  According to her website, tonight in Richmond, VA, and tomorrow in Columbia, MD.  Both of which are doable, if I didn't have to work ;_;

Well, that sucks. Sorry about that.
-- Bob
---------

Eh, I'll just try to catch her the next time through. Nothing for you to be sorry for; you got to see her Tongue

Just discovered she's released a CD...
http://www.shopbenchmark.com/lindseystirling/
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned that -- you can get it through Amazon, too, which is where we got it.

Fair warning, it's all her original, solo stuff -- none of the game music or other collaborations.
-- Bob
---------