Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Rangers short
Power Rangers short
Nice twist!

http://io9.com/holy-hell-this-power-ran ... 1687689958
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

It's weird that they use the work "reboot" next to what is openly a fan film.

I don't know. Not interested in Power Rangers, not really interested in whatever this is either. There's an interview with one of the people behind it that was linked to in the rpg.net thread on this. But I'm not sure I can see "let's go as over the top with this as possible" as making it *not* a kind of shallow approach.

-Morgan.

R-rated Power Rangers 'fan' movie.

... Nope. So very NOPE.

Given I was never particularly fond of Power Rangers, or any of Saban's shows really, I have to say, "Meh." 
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Over in the RPG.net thread on this, user "awesomeocalypse" posted some interesting thoughts on the more violently repulsed fan reactions to this thing.

PR has always been pretty much a "WTF is this shit" thing for me whenever I've seen anything related to it... but I can relate to the "It fundamentally bothers me that this even exists." feeling. Because it's pretty much exactly how I felt about Madoka Magica. I'm not sure how well the rest matches up though. It's just too distant for me now.

-Morgan. Also, after reading a lot of yuri doujinshi based on the series, I felt better about it...

I'm waiting on the "grim, gritty" reboot of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, or Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, personally. [/sarcasm]

So, you said something about Electra Woman and Dyna Girl?

http://www.themarysue.com/electra-dyna-helbig-hart/
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

I actually have hope for that, actually. The Krofft Brothers are actually on-board for it! Have the intervening 40 years rusted or sharpened their ability to do more with less?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote:Duane Peters wrote:
I'm waiting on the "grim, gritty" reboot of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, or Blue Falcon and Dynomutt, personally. [/sarcasm]
How about [link= while we're at it?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Quote:Duane Peters wrote:
How about [link=deleted in sheer terrorwhile we're at it?
RUN AWAY!!!!   RUN AWAY!!!!!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by %[link=http://www.echoschildren.org/]Echo's Children[/url]

Quote:Morganite wrote:
Over in the RPG.net thread on this, user "awesomeocalypse" posted some interesting thoughts on the more violently repulsed fan reactions to this thing.
I don't really know anything about Power Rangers, but that's an interesting post, and I think it's also a good explanation of why some people like the old Battlestar Galactica better than the new one...

Well, the topic of conversation also got yoinked from Youtube while Disney/Saban gibber in outrage yadda yadda.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

They actually came to an agreement with Saban and both versions are back up.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you....
Shining FINGER!" -Domon Kashuu, Mobile Fighter G Gundam

From what I understand, this is pretty much a parody rather than an actual interest-gauge for an actual reboot. It's actually part of why it was allowed to be put up, much like [Insert X] parody videos on Youtube.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:khagler wrote:
Quote:Morganite wrote:
I don't really know anything about Power Rangers, but that's an interesting post, and I think it's also a good explanation of why some people like the old Battlestar Galactica better than the new one...

That, and the original Battlestar Galactica did better at not turning its final seasons into a giant middle finger to everyone that thought it was decent, and yes, I'm including 1980 in that Smile