Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jodie Whittaker's leaving Doctor Who
Jodie Whittaker's leaving Doctor Who
Along with showrunner Chris Chibnall.

Everybody, start prepping your betting pools for who's going to be the next Doctor.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: Jodie Whittaker's leaving Doctor Who
Who, of course.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Hu? Smile
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
No, The Hu.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Given the good job they did with Mandalorian music, I would not at all be opposed to see some Doctor Hu.
--
‎noli esse culus
[Image: dLwV51B.jpg]
But is he on first?
(07-29-2021, 07:25 PM)hazard Wrote: But is he on first?

yes, you can tell by the orientation of the white chalk line compared to the dirt.  the only way it configures like that is at first base.

At second there'd be no chalk line, and at third the chalk line would be oriented from the mid right side of the pic to the bottom edge of the of the pic on the left side.
(07-29-2021, 07:25 PM)hazard Wrote: But is he on first?

William Hartnell was on first. Hu is, as his shirt says, fourteenth.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
They can't seem to keep people to play as the Doctor for long after David Tennant's and Matt Smith's tenures, eh?
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
According to the article, she only ever intended to be the Doctor for three seasons.

I wonder if the short tenures are also to give more British actors the chance to be the Doctor... (And I can't help but think of the "Professor Enigma" series from Undocumented Features, which has been running uninterrupted on the BBC for five hundred years as of the latest storylines, and is on its hundredth Professor...)
-- Bob

To be fair, most Doctors have had a (video) tenure of around 2-4 years, some of those cut short by health issues or changes in lives, either a change of showrunner, or in one case loss of a colleague (in the case of Jon Pertwee). The extreme ends of that curve would be Tom Baker (7 years), Paul McGann (1 movie, 1 special) and John Hurt (2 specials). Even Matt Smith has actually fallen directly in the middle of the average at 3 years, and Matt Smith went for 5, although we also have the outsized impact of their storylines to consider in how it feels like longer, and that the post-relaunch period has a very different story structure that can provide more storylines per series.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor