Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizarre "Demented" Songs
Bizarre "Demented" Songs
What oddball/funny songs does Doug have in his helmet?
Something like "Springtime for Hitler" from "The Producers?"
And what fun can you _not_ have with Frank Zappa?
Or how about "Rabbit Valley" by the Four Postmen?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Re: Bizarre "Demented" Songs
Quote:
What oddball/funny songs does Doug have in his helmet?
Well, it's already established that he's well-equipped with Weird Al. Other weirdness? Geeze, let me think... Oh yeah, he had Benny Bell's "Shaving Cream", some Barnes and Barnes, a couple of Spike Jones numbers, and "Cry" by Stan Freberg. That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now; the full song inventory is buried in one of the character folders which I can't quite get at in the library at the moment. I'll have to dig that out and see what I've forgotten.
Quote:
Something like "Springtime for Hitler" from "The Producers?"
Urk. I'd hate to imagine what that would do...
Quote:
And what fun can you _not_ have with Frank Zappa?
I have often imagined the possibilities inherent in "I Am The Slime"...
Quote:
Or how about "Rabbit Valley" by the Four Postmen?
That's one I don't know.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
*bleh*
Well, the Four Postmen are a "Nerd Rock" band that have been together since, I think, 1987.
They have had at least three songs in moderate rotation on the Doctor Demento Show. "Rabbit Valley," "Chainsaw Juggler," and another I can't recall the name of...
Rabbit Valley
the Four Postmen
Author and Copyright holder unknown (to me)
Not too long ago, somebody came up to me and said,
"Postman, if you're gonna go to the trouble
Of opening up your mouth to sing
You might as well have something to sing about."
I said:
PUT ON SOME PANTS!!!!!!!
There's a valley
Where the Rabbits live
It's called Rabbit Valley
But you can't go there
Unless you're a Rabbit
Then you can go there.
But you're not a Rabbit
So you can't go there.
Hey-ey-ey ey-ey-eyee-ey ey ey yeah, yeah, yeah.
A, a, e, e, i, i, o, o, u.
(Those are the Vowels!)
(Let's just say that sometimes you have to break the rules.)
So I went there
Even though I'm not a rabbit
I wore a rabbit suit
To Rabbit Valley
But they knew
I wasn't a Rabbit
So they beat me up.
(And sometimes Y!)
(I'm Going back to Rabbit Valley, but I'm not wearin' no stupid Rabbit suit, either.)
(I'm going back as a human being.)
(I'm going back as a human being with dignity and pride.)
(I'm going back as a _MAN_.)
(I'm going back as a *POST*man.)
(I'm going back as a postman who just so happens to be a human being.)
(I'm going back as a postman who just so happens to be a human being, who just so happens to be carrying a big gun in his hand! Hey!)
--Eddie Van Halen-esque guitar solo.--
(My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part. What I wanna know is what those keys are for?)
(I'ts awfully quiet here in Rabbit Valley . . .)
--the band whistles--
*Shotgun Blast, the slide ratchets, Shotgun Blast*
I would have tried to get you a link for the actual song, but it appears that all of the links are dead because mp3.com went under.
I have my copy from Doctor Demento's fanclub-exclusive "Basement Tapes 6..."
However, I think their albums "Searching for Grampa" and "Hit Record" are still available somewhere...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Re: *bleh*
Sounds weird enough to be on one of my personal mix discs... I'll have to go looking for it. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Rabbit Valley
You're quite welcome.
My thought was that it would "summon" one or more "Bunny Girls" with shotguns . . .
Or inundate the poor schmendrick that Doug was facing in rabbits that would beat him up . . .
Or, sudden thought.
It could summon *the* Rabbit. Bugs Bunny. 3 minutes and 19 seconds of Bugs doing the voodoo that he do so well...

-- James Nicoll
Re: Rabbit Valley
Quote:
Or inundate the poor schmendrick that Doug was facing in rabbits that would beat him up . . .
Actually, Doug has a "billions of bunnies" song already -- it's one of the Spike Jones numbers -- "You Wanna Buy A Bunny?". It's never actually been used, so it's not in his list of songs elsewhere in the forums, but it's been in his helmet for years, just waiting for the right moment.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Re: Wabbits
Well, the right moment is obvious -- put Doug in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and just wait for them to open the Well of Souls chamber. Wink
"Bunnies. Why'd it have to be bunnies?"

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
The Rabbit Valley song might actually work well as a gate song for a Bunnies & Burrows step, or into that freaky animated movie I can't remember the title of. To expedite the interaction with the locals, perhaps it has the side effect of transforming him into a little grey rabbit for a while, or until he leaves, or until he uses some other kind of shapechaange effect, or... You figure it out.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
or into that freaky animated movie I can't remember the title of
Watership Down, perhaps?
Quote:
To expedite the interaction with the locals, perhaps it has the side effect of transforming him into a little grey rabbit
I'm sure you have a particular little grey rabbit in mind, too.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To expedite the interaction with the locals, perhaps it has the side effect of transforming him into a little grey rabbit
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh man, that would make it one of his favorite songs even if it didn't have useful abilities...
I would like to see a Yosemite Sam simulacrum or transformation song though...
I think a Yosemite Sam transformation would be dangerous to just about everybody in range, including Doug...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Quote:
Watership Down, perhaps?
Yeah, that's the one. That and Raph Bakshi's _Wizards_ freaked me right out at a young age, hen they were rented by one or the other of my partents because they were animated and therefore must be for kids, right? Oh well, I got my revenge - now I'm a raving anime junkie.
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of "Song effect is based on Doug's subconcious -> song turns him into a rabbit -> if Doug was a bunny, what kind of bunny would he be?" Put that way, the anwser is obvious, ne?
- CD, suddenly wondering if there's Bugs Bunny fanfic around
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
suddenly wondering if there's Bugs Bunny fanfic around
You know, that's a damned good question...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Re: Bugs Bunny fanfiction
Oh wait, there is... and it's an anime crossover:
Metroanime's What if Bugs Bunny had raised Ranma?

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
re: Wabbits
Oh yeah, there's a hell of a lot of Looney Tunes (Copyright, TM, etc. Warner Brothers) fiction.
Most of it's tied up in the Tiny Toons franchise, though.
However, there was a great "Spells R Us" story that featured an ACME costume Zipper . . .

-- James Nicoll
Re: re: Wabbits
Quote:
Oh wait, there is... and it's an anime crossover:
Metroanime's What if Bugs Bunny had raised Ranma?
If you don't mind, I'm going to be in this corner over here gargling bleach to clear that out of my brain.[Image: kokbanner.jpg]
--- Kokuten Daysleeper, Retired Epicced Officered DorfWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Read it first before you decide on something that drastic. My favorite part is how fast Nabiki and Kasumi adapt to the situation... and how Akane doesn't.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
And because it's now set up, please direct any more commentary on "What If Bugs Bunny Had Raised Ranma?" to the appropriate thread in the new "Other People's Fanfiction" area.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.