Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Was A Real Hunchback of Notre Dame
There Was A Real Hunchback of Notre Dame
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/book ... hives.html]Real-life Quasimodo uncovered in Tate archives.
(Your literary history moment of the day.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Coolness
Very cool.  Extremely cool.  Bob, that made my day.
Do they mention anything about his replacement?  After the fall of Quasimodo; they had to replace the bellringer.  The candidates were a truckload of mediocrity, except for the last applicant, although he was without arms, he claimed to be able to do the job.  The interview started smashingly.   He took a leap at the bells, bouncing between them, striking them with his head, setting them ringing gloriously.  Alas on the last ring, he missed a jump and plummeted to the ground where he splatted flat like-the-pancake.
The priest offered to say a prayer for the poor fellow, and asked the interviewer his name.
"I never learned his name."  The interviewer admitted.  "But his face rings a bell."

I'd heard that one where the replacement looked just like Quasimodo, making him a dead ringer...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Yeah...
And we haven't even mentioned the rabbits he kept.

What about the college football QB who ran all his plays based on his precognitive flashes?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Another
Or where the priests rutted

Rev Dark Wrote:Or where the priests rutted

Would that be the compact car with the spacious trunk and folddown backseats that the cathedral owned?
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
bach
Yes, and it would be driven by the Kyphosis plagued composer who hung around there.