Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Movie!
Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Movie!
They apparently released a Fate/Stay Night movie based on the Unlimited Blade Works scenario, but so far, the only movies I've been finding have been the trailer dubbed in every western language EXCEPT English. And German, since that's the only other language I have a chance of understanding. Have you guys seen it?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Not yet here. I've seen reviews of it from people who saw it in Japan, but it appears to not have been subbed or dubbed into English yet that I can determine.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I don't think it's out on DVD/Blu-Ray yet, but you can bet your boots that when it does come out it'll be on the intarwebs right quick.

I might be just pulling this out of my ass but I think i remember seeing that the DVD is supposed to come out in october, so we'll probably see fansubs then. Hopefully we'll get an official release as well.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

Now all we need is a Heaven's Feel anime.
I want to see Nine Bullet Revolver animated one day.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

If they did a Heaven's Feel adaption, I really wonder how the hell they'd manage it.

I mean, they edited out the sex scene from UBW, which while pivotal, could be managed. If not for Nasu's bizarre "sex = magical link" idea, it wouldn't even *have* a sex scene.

But when it comes to HF, how exactly are they going to edit out one of the DEFINING POINTS OF THE PLOT? :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

The important part of Heaven's Feel isn't the sex scene, it's Shiro being the most badass handyman in the world.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:They apparently released a Fate/Stay Night movie based on the Unlimited Blade Works scenario, but so far, the only movies I've been finding have been the trailer dubbed in every western language EXCEPT English. And German, since that's the only other language I have a chance of understanding. Have you guys seen it?
Doki Fansubs translated both of the trailers into English, and plan to do the movie when it comes out on a disc.  Here's a link.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

OpMegs Wrote:If not for Nasu's bizarre "sex = magical link" idea, it wouldn't even *have* a sex scene.

it's not that bizarre of an idea, in fact it probably predates recorded history, you can find myths like that everywhere. there is a reason why ussualy blood and sex are called the two oldest forces in magic.

---
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

It is, actually, and amusingly enough, the first time it comes up, Shirou's reaction to the idea is a rather obscure reference, something to the effect of "Crowley and that tantric magic stuff was a load of crap!" But, while I put it somewhat ambiguously, I suppose I should clarify that Nasu's general treatment of the concept tends to run the gamut from the normal if a bit strange (Rin and Shirou forming a link so he can use her magical power in the final battle of UBW) to the "wait, what's going on here?" (Rin needing to join in on the threesome in the church in Fate because otherwise Shirou and Saber won't be properly 'synchronized' by having orgasms at the wrong time)to the completely off the wall (the aforementioned backstory of Heaven's Feel, wherein apparently "evil magic-draining parasites" = "me so horny!") It's ironic that the last, which is the most bizarre of all of them, is the one that seems the least out of place, given its overall role in the plot.
But nonetheless, Heaven's Feel is a storyline I imagine would be somewhat difficult to translate to the screen without losing either a chunk of the plot or making it whatever the Japanese equivalent of "no one under 18" is. Which, admittedly, they could do, given what we've seen of movie adaptations of Kara No Kyoukai (Lingering Sense of Pain has scenes that are actively discomfiting without showing all that much), but Fate's been marketed *away* from the more sex and violence drenched areas of the fandom, oddly enough. It'd be interesting if they ended up adapting HF accurately despite that.
---
waste."

It just occurred to me, but Archer has the same hairstyle as Gilgamesh, that upward, straight look. Could this be a case of a ‘look’ enforced by the Grail and the Servant System? Or… could it be that at some point, Counter Guardian Emiya knowingly adopted the look of one of the sickest, slimiest, most murderous beings he’d ever met? Thoughts?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Mmm. I note that Gilgamesh's hairstyle shifts depending on which costume he's in. In his casual-wear he uses during UBW, he's got a sort of floppy "devil may care" haircut. His Pimped Out Majesty look from Fate and HF, however, features the spiky hair. Also, seen here, Gil's hair comes back up in sort of an odd flame shape, while Archer's hairstyle here simply continues the spiky slicked back look all the way down, looking more akin to a certain blue hedgehog.

However, Nasu is a canny bastard with his parallels, and given the game introduces us to Gilgamesh first as "Archer" before he confirms his own identity, it's entirely possible that Gilgamesh was intended to draw parallels to Archer upon his first appearance while still being completely different, which are only reinforced when Unlimited Blade Works and Gate of Babylon are respectively shown to do almost the exact same thing.
---
waste."