Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I live in a world made of cardboard... A cardboard Gundam that is!
I live in a world made of cardboard... A cardboard Gundam that is!
Yes, you read that right. CARDBOARD.
http://www.geeksaresexy.n...ic-cardboard-gundam-pic/
There are levels of awesome and win here that are off the scale. Big Grin

Hm. Set him against the MadCat treehouse... or the cardboard madcat that had a real cat in it...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Now THAT is some badass cardboard.

Hmm. You know, I was just looking at it again. There's no information on how it was made on that site. Just the picture. But I've got a hunch, and I think it's a good one. I think this was built around some kind of rudimentary wire frame. Because while each individual piece would hold up on it's own? I don't think the whole thing would. It would collapse or fall over. Particularly at the hips, knees and feet.  In fact, if you look at the floor, there is a cross-piece under the feet. I think that's the base for a pole that runs up the "spine" of the thing.

Not to say this isn't still DAMN cool. Big Grin

Logan Darklighter Wrote:Yes, you read that right. CARDBOARD.
Paging Yomiko Readman...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

There's alway the possibility that this is the cardboard version of a master grade gunpla model, and that prop is just there to keep it standing. Cardboard properly shaped can surprise you in the amount of weight it can handle. I've come across a cardboard block that can handle 100+kg loads (aka me) being dropped on it with no problem. Heck, 40 or so of them's enough to upset some compactor/bailers.

Heh.  Ran into a guy at AnimeDetroit last summer who was wearing a not-too-bad "Gundam" costume made of Fedex boxes.  My initial comment was, "Dude, I know FedEx has to deliver to some tough neighborhoods, but powered armor?  Seriously?"

http://www.photos.skyefire.org/main.php ... &g2_page=2