Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rising like a Zombie from the grave
Rising like a Zombie from the grave
Copyright Lawyers Prime The Pump For The Return Of SOPA
from the because-of-course-they-would dept

Once more onto the breach...
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

There are times I wonder if the only possible response to shenanigans like this is to put it to the entire establishment to the torch and start anew from scratch.

And I'm not sure if I mean the people, the institutions or both.

Oh good lord not again...

It's never over. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
I think it's time for the internet to go "Dark" again. The goddamn congress critters need to be reminded that we are STILL watching for this kind of shit and we will not give votes to those who sponsor or vote for this. 

I dunno. Might be better for them to actually put it into place... and then find out just how bad of an idea it really is. This does have precedence - it happened with the Prohibition.

I would never advise challenging someone to put something horrible into place just to prove how horrible it'll be. It'll be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeal than it would be to prevent.

It's like conversing with a suicide patient. "Go ahead and do it!" is never the thing to say. Because if they actually do you're left with with very uncomfortable questions and nobody to blame but yourself.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Quote:Ankhani wrote:
It'll be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeal than it would be to prevent.
Exactly what I was thinking.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Quote:Ankhani wrote:
It'll be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeal than it would be to prevent.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Agreed, I won't say what this is being like, I'll leave that in the political forum, but it was passed and 4 years later we are still finding problems and its still not entirely running.