Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time of year again, X2
It's that time of year again, X2
So, come the 3rd of July, Peg and I will be heading off with her family to Long Beach Island for a week once again, as we have for something close to twenty years, if not more.

As is usual in latter years, this won't disconnect me from the Net in any way, so what used to be a warning that I'd be away is barely more than a minor heads-up.

However, this year is slightly different in one way...  the 28th through 30th of June, the Monday through Wednesday immediately before we go to LBI, Peg and I are heading to Atlantic City for my birthday, where we'll be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.  So I'm getting almost a two-week vacation here. 

Unlike with LBI, it's actually likely that during the AC days I will be somewhat less present on the forums, if only because Peg and I will be out on the beach, pool or boardwalk, or at one of the restaurants, for most of the approx. 48 hours (Monday afternoon to Wednesday morning) we'll be there.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RE: It's that time of year again, X2
Have fun!
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Thanks, I think I will. The last time we were in AC was for the Weird Al concert three years ago, and it was winter-cold the day after, when we walked the boardwalk. Not to mention a lot of things were closed because it was still the winter season. It'll be great to be right there on the boardwalk/beach for a couple summer days.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
And we're checked in at the Hard Rock. Tenth floor with an ocean view.
-- Bob

Happy birthday, Bob!

Hope it's a good one!
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Thank you! We're dining al fresco on the Boardwalk at the Hard Rock Cafe right now, and waiting for our entrees.
-- Bob

And we're back home from AC; we got back about an hour ago.  We had a good time although we kind of overdid it walking the boardwalk yesterday so we're both still tired and achy.

And just because I can, here's a pic I took of Peg within a few minutes of my last post, as we waited for dinner at the HRC's outdoor on-the-boardwalk dining area.

-- Bob

Ah, I was late, but happy birthday.
--
‎noli esse culus
Thank you!
-- Bob

And we're now taking a break halfway through packing the car for LBI. We'll be leaving in about an hour.
-- Bob

A week later, and the cars are packed (again), the final cleaning of the beach house is almost done, and we're just about set to drive home.
-- Bob

And we're home. Another year's beach week is over.
-- Bob