Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was that #%$(*@& song?
What was that #%$(*@& song?
Probably around the late eighties to early nineties, there was a song that prominently featured the lyrics "bullet with ... butterfly wings," almost certainly at the end of the chorus since that's the only line I can rememeber. It is not the Smashing Pumpkins song by that title, which is all I can find trying to search for the words (and which at no point actually features them in the lyrics of the song itself) though the singer had a similarly rough-ish sound to his voice. In my mind, the music around that patch of vocals was almost but not quite like the end-of-chorus flourish from Prince's When Doves Cry on a guitar rather than piano, but this is rather less certain because that was also in rotation on MTV, which is definitely where I heard it, to get muddled together.
--
‎noli esse culus
RE: What was that #%$(*@& song?
Doesn't ring any bells. I also did a search on Google ("bullet with" "butterfly wings" -"bullet with butterfly wings" -"bullet with the butterfly wings" lyrics -"smashing pumpkins") and it turned up nothing relevant. Are you sure you're remembering the lyrics correctly, and not a mondegreen?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
"Sure?" What's that? Is it delicious? All I know is that the one phrase and snatch of music has been occasionally peeking out of random corners and giving me a red-eye since the mid-noughties at least.
--
‎noli esse culus
I asked around... and we're stumped. One suggestion: if you can record yourself humming/singing the bits you remember and post them, it might help.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Oh, yeah, maybe you can use Soundhound to identify it!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
... apparently, the answer is no, I cannot. Not for any mechanical reasons, I just can't get my throat to produce the right pitch, despite usually being at least half-decent at singing - it's right in the part of my range that warbles up and down like a teenager.
--
‎noli esse culus