Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heavens Are Telling
The Heavens Are Telling
"The Heavens are Telling", from Franz Joseph Haydn's oratorio "The Creation":

Extremely unlikely that it'll see use, both because Doug is even more allergic to exalting gods than he is to attracting their attention, and because the best power I can think of is to make the stars visible, regardless of cloud cover, light pollution, or time of day. Anyone in his AoE who looks up during this song will see no clouds, sun, moon, or daytime blue: just the full splendour of the stars, as if in the dead of night in deepest wilderness (except the positions of the stars are correct for their real time and location).

Has it been established how Doug's powers react to single pieces of longer continuous works -- oratorios, operas (rock or otherwise), etc?  I.e., is the power associated to the individual movement, or to the work as a whole?
If it's the latter, "The Creation" is, well, the creation of the universe, as told in Genesis I.  I think there's little question that Doug would stay away from that.

It's either always the former, or decided on case-by-case: Doug uses "Aquarius" from the musical Hair for area-effect nonviolence in DWII.