Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Towers of Midnight
Towers of Midnight
The thirteenth book in the Wheel of Time series came out this past Tuesday. I'll be picking up my copy this evening. This will be a good weekend.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Eh, let us know how it is. I felt like I was dragged backwards through the last couple books with a tow strap. : (
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

I'll try to keep it general enough to avoid true spoilers.
Let me put it this way. LAN BECOMES FUNNY! He becomes the ultimate straight man! Nynaeve manages at least 3 impossible things in her first POV chap. Rand suddenly steps up TG.

As for the Forsaken, it's pretty funny. Since the last book one has been literally been living in a cave in the middle of nowhere! The rest of the cast seemed to have taken the funny ball from Mat considering how much he hogged it last book. and it is GOOD! And I'm only partway through the second fifth of the audiobook. Will update as I read.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

Commentary from a WoT group I know:

"Nynaeve and Mat both kick supreme amounts of arse."

"Wow. Brandon makes Nynaeve interesting? That's no small task. :p"

"Perrin grows a set"
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

And... done.

That was really quite good. CMOAs all around. I enjoyed one of Perrin's especially. Also, it is revealed who it was that killed Asmodean. Blink and you'll miss it though.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Finished it in Hong Kong. It ends with a BIG cliffhanger. I'm eager for next march, wichi is when the last book comes out. Still, a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more Tuon.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke