Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelion: 1.0.....
Evangelion: 1.0.....
As I couldn't locate a old post to necro, here's a new one. Yes, I finally saw it. The local Blu-ray disk arrived in the post some weeks back &'d been sitting in my backlog pile till now. Watched it, it's decent, still mind screwish and is probably how some of the original TV should've looked like.

Then there's the big end set piece. They built that big concrete foxhole and the required infrastructure to drag EVAs around and build both a fancy rig for the positron rifle and a abrasive heat shield, whilst setting up a power tap in 10 hours!?! Is anyone in Fenspace suddenly missing a container ship volume of Handwavium?

Y'know, I think I actually prefer how they did that sequence in ep6. Then there's Misato being Lt. Colonel, not a Captain or Major. The 3rd Angel being the 4th Angel and so on with them, then the D8 of LAZER DOOOOOM! becoming the 6th Angel.

--Rod.H

That's just how awesome humanity can be when we're all working together to ensure that we will not be the last...that we will not go quietly into the night, that we will not give up without a fight, that the human race will live on

That final battle was giving me goosebumps watching it in dub. Allison Keith really gets it right, doesn't she? Along with that epic soundtrack. It does take a while for them to get into the swing of it, but when they do... oh boy.

The idea is that most of the materials are readily available. It was mostly just a logistics nightmare. Though, with the right "THIS IS THE VOICE OF GOD" even that can get sorted out in a hurry.