Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meanwhile, over in Kerbal Space Program (Warning - Image heavy)
Meanwhile, over in Kerbal Space Program (Warning - Image heavy)
I've been making working Thunderbirds vehicles. Some in development/prototype stage, others fully functional. 
Thunderbird 1 is still in development, but looking promising. 
[Image: b3wuWE9.png]
[Image: GYXTrXZ.png]

[Image: IlhmtZn.png]
[Image: C8FG6aH.png]
[Image: bsJBW8p.png]

Thunderbird 2 performs almost like the original. Even has the piston-jack legs for the ventral cargo bay. (No separate modules with this one yet.) And is capable of full VTOL. 

[Image: FiTq5Yz.png]

[Image: 3a8wHVv.png]

[Image: GlZGx78.png]

[Image: L7k33rX.png]

[Image: 2pGILuR.png]

[Image: XFZ8ghB.png]

Thunderbird 3 works just fine. Just needs a few tweaks and some trading out of fuel for cargo space. Plus - like the new version in Thunderbirds are Go! she's a grabber ship!

[Image: WoW4BXY.png]

[Image: w8z64GE.png]

[Image: q044Oij.png]

[Image: o2J71BU.png]

[Image: bYw7HPx.png]
[Image: Dwonlvs.png]

And Thunderbird 4 is even possible now that KSP has proper water physics! 
(in case it isn't clear in the below image, TB-2 is floating on the surface of the water, releasing TB-4 from the underside. The water's surface just isn't visible from the underside. They're still working on that.)
[Image: 7K5ho5S.png]

[Image: Q9FpqGS.png]

[Image: viBYLM2.png]

I'm taking my design cues at least as much from the newer remake series as the original. Thus some of the extra abilities and robot arms and such. 
And yes - eventually I'll design a Thunderbird 5. But that's... almost pedestrian compared to the rest of them. I've kind of been putting it off just because it'll be relatively easier to do, ironically. 

So yeah - got the KSP bug bad the last month or so. That's why I haven't been around in online games much. Sorry!