Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geneon goes Universal
Geneon goes Universal
At least, it does in Japan. http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799 ... Id=19&cs=1]According to Variety, Universal Pictures is buying Geneon from Dentsu. No word whether Geneon USA is included in the deal...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I wonder how this affects the current deal with Geneon allowing Funimation to produce/distribute their titles. I'd hate to see stuff like Nanoha, Hellsing Ultimate, and Black Lagoon get tossed into limbo again.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

*Casts res*

Was searching for a non-existent Black Lagoon thread and yadda yadda, I was wondering why when recently browsing a local store why something like Haibane Renmei was coming from Universal. Hellsing Ultimate on the other hand's a joint Universal/Madman release for some discs. Have yet to come across anything on Nanoha - other than they've got to edit the movies to pass a few censorship boards.

--Rod.H (who's just now finally watching the DVD/bluray of Roberta's Blood Trail)
"Yep, the Bloodhound has made my list of fictional women, Ed must not meet."