Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that need killing....
Things that need killing....
Now, I believe I'm your typical average human with a standard view of things that just don't belong to this world and should be removed from it. That typically means things that would like to do the same back to me - like snakes, spiders, certain big cats; and the others: aliens (of the Grey, E.T. & Xenomorph varieties), zombies, certain cybernetic organisms, dinosaurs.

But lately, for me another thing's been popping up on that list: Fundamentalist religious extremists. Now for me it's something that's been drifting off & on that list for the last decade, and it's not just pegged at one group, it's all of them! I suppose this recent bout has come about after watching a recent news piece on how Pakistan's going to shit, featuring a Hitler-lite* stirring up a crowd, leaving me wondering why isn't anyone doing anything to shut that...ugh person up. From there for me it got worse it wasn't just one Hitler-lite, it's a whole group of them whose memetic message is reaching many levels and the government officials that question their view or oppose them are getting Trojan horsed.

And it's a message that's spreading.

*I'm using the 'charismatic vitriol-spewing speechmaker' meaning of the word

Sorry, Rod, but I'd rather not see this thread continue. A "people who need killing" topic strikes me as a bit over the edge for the suprisingly restrained atmosphere we maintain here in the politics board.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.