Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giant Robot songs
Giant Robot songs
Over here the question was asked, "What song might give Doug the ability to summon or become a giant robot?:" (well, not on so many words...) and the only suggestion was the full length version of the theme from The Big O. Now, while I have nothing in particular *against* the theme from the big O, it doesn't give me that feeling where if I could just reach out that extra half-inch I could fly, either... hence this thread, for suggestions on the subject.
My own suggestion is either the 'go super robot corps' song (I don't know the actual title) introduced in Gao Gai Gar ep27, or the Moldiver theme - anyone here doubt the ability of a Moldiver to fight in the big leagues?
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Re: Giant Robot songs
This sounds like a good idea. Was the "Gekigengar" (sp?) music from Nadesico possibly suitable?
Then, there is the issue as to whether Doug's mage gift gives him access to the mecha in the song, or something else altogether. Are you going to claim the Macros in giant robot mode is a mecha? [grin]
Then, is there a song you could get the Gunbuster from? I would bet that against an awful lot of things!
And, as I've mentioned before, Iczer Sigma (or Iczer Robo, if you can't manage that) from "Fight! Iczer One", has to be popular for style, though I don't know if it has a flight capability? Still, 200m tall, and with the (apparent) ability to reduce planets... And, all you need is someone who emotes really well to act as the power supply! ("Everyone should have their own Nagisa!", as Iczer Two said in one game that I ref'd. She did manage to get someone to build her one, eventually...)
If you want a high grade flying mecha, try the Knight of Gold from "Five Star Stories", with it's mini Buster Gun (Omega Class? I don't know), but I don't recall any songs from 5*S which I think would do any good... Then, would you get a free fatima with it?
Moldiver is a good idea, and depending on whether it is a Mol Unit with a time limit, unstoppable without access to dimensional technologies. I had quite a fun time, as I believed that I worked out a way of building Moldiver under "Mage the Ascension"; in character as well! [grin] It would have really, really, upset Iteration X if I had managed to deploy it! [grin]
I wonder if Doug might aquire the tech to build a Mol Unit, sooner or later? [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Quote:
Moldiver is a good idea, and depending on whether it is a Mol Unit with a time limit, unstoppable without access to dimensional technologies.
Being modeled on US-style superheroes, Moldiver I is undoubtedly the best matcjh for Doug's standard MO, as we;ll as his observed abilities to manifest energy-based simulations of real matter and do more or less limited manipulations of local reality - the pocket-dimension escape route of 'Thunder Road' in particular seems applicable. Being such a powerful effect, thoguh, it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that this one works a little differently, requiring him to spewnd the duration of the song 'charging' and only transforming with the ending "METAMORFORCE!" ast which p[oint, just like the real Moldiver I, he has 666 seconds - just over eleven minutes - before it wears off. It would be a VERY powerful power song, but only in combining effecrts he already has otherwise, for the most part - physical; invulnerability, FTL flight, and superstrength, mainly, though as shown in the very first episode there's a lot of fun to be had with inertia control as well.
Actually, even more than the Mol unit itself, Enemy Resistant Armor Narumu is what fascinates me in that series - with a bit of crioss-pollination from that design, you have a mol unit for y
Edited to fix quoting only. - Offsides
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
The "Kai" Fire Valkyrie from Macross 7.
It's a flame-red, clown-faced VF that uses a guitar stick as the control interface and fires armor-piercing stereo speakers. What's not to like? Smile
--Sam Ashley
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"
o/~ Gigantor
o/~ Gigantor
o/~ Giga~antor
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
RE:gigantor
Quote:
o/~ Gigantor
o/~ Gigantor
o/~ Giga~antor

While The Gigantor theme would not summon a giant robot in and of it self, it would let LT remotley control the one he happens to be sitting on.

Giant Robot
Well two songs sound appropriate. Firstly the Transformers theme from the movie. That would, as I see it, transform a vehicle Doug was in, transformer-like, into a robot with Doug as the pilot and anyone else inside as passengers. While it probably wouldn't be a very big robot as these things go, it would be pretty neat.
Alternatively:
Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
there's magic in the metal there's magic is us all
Heavy Metal Or no metal at all...
- Metal Warriors, Manowar
which could have a certain impact, summoning up a giant robot. Something like Mazinkaizer or one of the Mazingers.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Re: Giant Robot
All cool songs, all more stuff for me to find and listen to...

-- Bob
---------
"Flan on!" -- The battlecry of the Human Dessert
Hmmm.
Let me rummage....
Bah. Can't find anything.....Hmmm....
What about Intergalactic Planetary by the Beastie Boys?
Big Grin
I hate rap, but hey.
--
Chris
Re: Hmmm.
Quote:
What about Intergalactic Planetary by the Beastie Boys?
Okay, this time I have to ask. Preciscely what the HFIL does this alleged song have to do with mecha? When the GM of the Virtual Mekton PBeM I'm in picked it for a campaign OP theme, I thought he was just being perverse, but now this backs it up somehow. I've read the words and been subjected to the noise, and I just don't see it at all...
- CD, and I usually like the Beasties, at that
--
Heh.
You have to see the video. It's a spoof of classic "guy in suit" big robot battles.