Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Fics I'd Love To See Revived
Another Eva fic
Paradise Lost by Andy Kent. It's a Ranma/Eva cross, but unlike others, Ranma isn't the one in the Shinji role. It's Ryoga.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Re: Another Eva fic
Quote:
Paradise Lost by Andy Kent
Given the bit about "it'll be 2005 before [Viz translates a certain Ranma tankoubon volume]", I'd guess the 1/13 update doesn't mean 1/13/2006, now, does it?

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Tenchi World Tour
Every Journey Begins With a Single Step by Aviator.
Tench goes on a world tour, training with a number of other sword fighters his grandfather knows.
It's Tenchi and Ryoko, which is fine by me.
Ryoko becomes a little too Uber towards the end, picking up skills instantly. The other girls are paired off with original characters a bit too easily.
And yet the fic is just starting to pick up speed and show signs of going somewhere interesting when it cuts off. It hasn't been updated since 2003, despite the author's pledge in his profile to finish his fanfics.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.
Re: Tenchi World Tour
Bluefurball's When Bakas Learn is one semi-super Ranma fic I'd really like to see continued - which hasn't happened since 2003. As a short description... Hm.
Ranma comes up with the concept his father probably would have called The Way of the Observant Thief and uses it to steal Mousse's hidden weapons style's massive weaponspace technique, then makes variations. Then, he gets into some trouble, and the fic stops.
Come to that, I'd like to see our own Aleh continue Reflection again sometime - any progress on that lately?
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Bluefurball's When Bakas Learn
Oh yeah. That's another one I lost to the hard drive crash at work a year or so back and forgot about completely. Really, really good, what there is of it, and I still want to find out what's going on with the OMG xover elements.

-- Bob
---------
Meanings Of Life by Kuraiko Kurohoshi
A Ranma/SM Crossover Generator Challenge fic, in which "god-mod" doesn't mean quite what you think.
T&FTF
Tenchi and Ranma Together Forever by T.H. Tiger.
Most fics where Ranma is locked in girl form and engaged to a boy fill me with disgust. However, Ranma isn't taking the engangement seriously in this, just biding his time until he finishes the next stage of training. I also don't have trouble with Ranma getting in touch with his feminine side, provided it is a slow, gradual process.
In any case, the characterization and humor in this fic are marvelous. I am also a sucker for this type of plot structure. We have multiple groups, each operating with limited information, slowly converging. The anticipation of waiting for these groups to finally meet always seems to draw me into a fic set up this way.
On that note: Stallion by Chas Chas has just that sort of plot structure and like the fic above, cuts off just as the different groups are about to start comapring notes. Ranma himself is rather dull in this fic, switching between clueless and a God-Mode alternate personality based on a past life, but all the other characters, drawn from other series, are entertaining. And as I said, I'm a sucker for that plot structure.
An while I'm at it, here is Children of Fire by Bailesu, a very comprehensive Sailor Moon and Ranma crossover.
----------
Note To Self...
...Do not read unfamiliar fics in this thread. It will only annoy you.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Note To Self...
Quote:
An while I'm at it, here is Children of Fire by Bailesu, a very comprehensive Sailor Moon and Ranma crossover.
John -is- still out there, and still writing...
He's just got ten thousand things going on at once, including DM'ing a couple of games.
I also have to recommend his Children of an Elder God. What do you get when you replace the Dead Sea Scrolls with the Necronomicon? You get a very very scary Ayanami Rei.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
On the subject of anoyance, was that because of the nature of the fic, or because all the fics on this thread are unfinished?
----------
Because they are unfinished. Unfinished fics annoy and frustrate me greatly -- especially my own.

-- Bob
---------
*Snerk* The one fic of Baliesu's I Wish he'd finish is Sailor Moon Z"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Apparently that's waiting on his co-writer. As are several other projects.
Personally, I bug him every so often about The Summer People, but he doesn't respond except to complain about how many other projects he's got going.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
One I'd Forgotten About
Ebiris' A Not so Simple Wish. Here's his description from ff.net: "Ranma wishes to be free of the nyannichuan curse, but cursed objects never make things too simple. Now a permanantly female Ranma is stuck in a world where Ranma was never cursed, and the only way to return home (fully cured) is to win Ranma-kun's love."
Sadly, Ebiris hasn't updated anything since 2003, and the one time I emailed him (her?) about the prospects for adding to A Not so Simple Wish, I got a rather rude message back. So I'm pretty sure this one is very permanently dead.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Just Thought Of Another One
Quote:
...and if you've never heard of it, scamper on over and read what there is of it.
The Gods Within by Scrivener.
And I just noticed that Darwithe already recommended this way back at the beginning of the thread.

-- Bob
---------
I think it may be time to add Ruskbyte's Backwards Compatible to the list; it's been exactly a year since the last chapter.
*Twenty-one gun salute**********
Touched By His Noodly Appendage
www.venganza.org
Quote:
I think it may be time to add Ruskbyte's Backwards Compatible to the list; it's been exactly a year since the last chapter.
Actually, Ruskbyte updated that on fanficauthors.net/ a couple of months ago.
It's the same last chapter that fanfiction.net has, though. Two great tastes that go great together!
Quote:
It's the same last chapter that fanfiction.net has, though.
Ah, sorry. I stopped reading it on fanfiction.net once he moved to fanficauthors.net