Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The county government at work
The county government at work
Jefferson County, AL is in debt to the tune of $5 billion bucks. All due to amoral bankers (who didn't go to jail) and greedy, corrupt politicians (who did go to jail). As a result, county government cut services to the bone. So what does it have to do with me? Well, I was due to get my car registration tags renewed. I had not received my notice. So I had to go to the only place in Jefferson county to renew. They closed all the other offices. I showed up @ 700 in the morning. This is what I saw :
[Image: JeffersonCountycourthousefront_zps44965210.jpg]
Now the line extends to the end of the block..which is about a 1/4 mile long.
[Image: Jeffersoncountycourthouseback_zpsfff0d080.jpg]
And this is my place in line. I was finally done at 1130. Could be worse. Last year it took me till 2:30 in the afternoon.  So if ever a government you live under defaults, there are consequences. What is worse is I have a sewer bill of $60 per month and set to go higher. How high I got no idea. I told the people managing the complex that if it starts inching to 80 per month, I'm going to move to another county.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Why is JP Morgan still allowed to exist? I mean they are not as bad as HSBC, but the company was involved in shady dealings so why not seize the company's assets preemptively and then fight it out in court? That is what the us does to smaller companies... HSBC meanwhile should be droned because that is the common punishment for supporting al-queda...

oh right, banks.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Dont know, maybe because they own to many of the political hacks in the treasury and DOJ?

Pretty much. It's the same the world over.

We're not paying for public services or social welfare - we're picking up the tab for a dozen or so bank owners who ran their institutions into the ground. There're a good many people who I'd happily see lynched, especially when there seems to be no move at all to prosecute them for what is clearly a form of fraud on the State itself.