Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation on 'Magic Power'
Speculation on 'Magic Power'
Bob's said that Triumph's "Magic Power" is a power song (sensibly enough), but maddeningly, he hasn't said what the power is. Possibilities:1: Everyone within earshot who needs to gain knowledge or understanding experiences the required epiphany ("Then you hear the music, and it all comes crystal clear")
2: Emotional bolstering. Calming, centering, and generally making it clear that things are better than they seem.
3: Effect: Instil Confidence/Persistence. ("Well the music keeps you goin' and it's never gonna stop")
4: Most gatesongs (the ones Doug actually finds and uses, anyway) are about going home or returning to loved ones. But "Magic Power" has the remotest possibility of being a gatesong away from somewhere ("The music's got the magic, it's your one chance for escape")

Most likely is #2. All the others are single powerful lines, and #2 has over a verse going for it.
Thoughts?

Actually, I have a use for the song in a Kaleido*Star steplet, if I ever get around to writing it...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Proginoskes Wrote:4: Most gatesongs (the ones Doug actually finds and uses, anyway) are about going home or returning to loved ones. But "Magic Power" has the remotest possibility of being a gatesong away from somewhere ("The music's got the magic, it's your one chance for escape")
It would make an interesting Step Opening/Conclusion to have (while Doug testing possible Gate Songs) some one, come through from the other side, looking for help.