Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midweek Check-in
Midweek Check-in
Well, midweek for me, since I started this vacation on Friday. Looks like everything is running smoothly here.

Once again, I'm writing from "How You Brewin'" on Long Beach Boulevard in Surf City. (Where there are "two girls for every boy", as
the Beach Boys say, but Peggy is steadfastly refusing to let me complete my set. Meanie. )

So far. beach week has been, well, odd. We're trapped in this strange little microclimate, low 80s, misty and windy, while towns everywhere off the island
are 90s and muggy. Part of that seems to be distant side effects of the hurricane coming up the coast, even though it's well out to sea and unlikely to
come near us. Still, it's good weather for sitting and reading on the deck, and it does get sunny enough here and there that I'll probably end up with
a fair tan.

Oh, and I'm going into COH withdrawal.

Look for me on Saturday night, unless I decide to ramble on in on Thursday or thereabouts.

Later all.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hope to see you saturday!

Been kinda quiet on this front - Double XP Weekend was a bit worse than usual, Statesman (what idiot planned an STF on a Double XP weekend?!.. oh.. wait.)
Failed to launch, Batman rocks, etc.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Quote:Well, midweek for me, since I started this vacation on Friday. Looks like everything is running smoothly here.
That's just because we haven't started the kegger party yet.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

Quote:Once again, I'm writing from "How You Brewin'" on Long Beach Boulevard in Surf City. (Where there are "two girls for every boy", as the Beach Boys say, but Peggy is steadfastly refusing to let me complete my set. Meanie. )
I suspect that, if you want a second girl in your household, it'll have to be with Peggy's help... and a nine-month wait for delivery.

Quote:We're trapped in this strange little microclimate, low 80s, misty and windy, while towns everywhere off the island are 90s and muggy.
This is a problem?

Quote:Oh, and I'm going into COH withdrawal.
Okay, that might be a problem...

Quote:Look for me on Saturday night, unless I decide to ramble on in on Thursday or thereabouts.
The owner might drop by on Thursday, huh? Okay, everybody - the kegger's pushed back to Friday!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: robkelk wrote:

Quote: Once again, I'm writing from "How You Brewin'" on Long Beach Boulevard in Surf City. (Where there are "two girls for every
boy", as the Beach Boys say, but Peggy is steadfastly refusing to let me complete my set. Meanie. )
I suspect that, if you want a second girl in your household, it'll have to be with Peggy's help... and a nine-month wait for delivery.

Heh... You make it sound like there's a 'money-back guarantee'.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Quote: Kurisu wrote:

Quote: Once again, I'm writing from "How You Brewin'" on Long Beach Boulevard in Surf City. (Where there are "two girls for every
boy", as the Beach Boys say, but Peggy is steadfastly refusing to let me complete my set. Meanie. )

Or like there's a warranty. [Image: wink.gif]

Quote:Heh... You make it sound like there's a 'money-back guarantee'.

Read this as 'monkey back guarantee'..

8 )
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Y'know, I was trying to be subtle with my humour...

Ah, well.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Quote: Kurisu wrote:

I suspect that, if you want a second girl in your household, it'll have to be with Peggy's help... and a nine-month wait for
delivery.

Or like there's a warranty. [Image: wink.gif]

Or even an instruction manual!!!! [Image: tongue.gif] [Image: tongue.gif] [Image: tongue.gif]
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children