Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Going On Vacation Again...
I'm Going On Vacation Again...
Between the 2nd and the 12th, Peg and I will be in Florida once more, this time taking my brother-in-law and his family to Disney World -- and this time we
have two first-timer kids in the group.

I don't know if I'll have access to the net -- I made do with Joe's palmtop last year -- but if I do I'll keep folks updated. Just in case
anyone actually cares.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

What are you talking about?

A calm & sated author is a Great Storyteller!!

('sides... it wouldn't surprise me if any of the vacation hi jinks end up in the story.)
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Quote:Between the 2nd and the 12th, Peg and I will be in Florida once more,
Well, that'll give me another week to type in the lyrics to another "grant confidence song" I recently picked up on CD.
Quote: this time taking my brother-in-law and his family to Disney World -- and this time we have two first-timer kids in the group.
Two first-timers? Oh, dear. You're going to be exhausted...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

You know, Toshiba has some very nice laptops in the low-to-midrange that are priced at budget levels. These things are going from $700-$1000. The only catch is
that you gotta like Vista. It took me a week to get XP 64-Bit working properly (actually, it was working, it was just the display driver that was hanging
things up).

From what I understand, however, as long as you get a Toshiba that has an Intel chip with nVidia graphics, XP-64 drivers aren't too hard to find. Me being
raised on AMD (Dad helped design the daughter boards of the original Slot-A Athlons) had to get the Turion dual-core with the ATI graphics. *Sighs* Oh well,
still worth it in the end.

Two things: First, I don't have time left to do any shopping for hardware. So that's pretty much out.

Second, somehow my nephews (10 and 15) are apparently under the impression that Disney is nothing but Disney Princesses, and are less than thrilled about going
to WDW. Hopefully, the first day will break them of that.
-- Bob
---------

Well. I was hoping to post a "well, I'm off" message tomorrow morning, but complications set in, as always, and we're likely to be running
around like nuts tomorrow getting ready at the last minute, leaving me with no time to do so. So this is my "see you later". If I get a chance,
I'll report in. If I don't, have a good ten days.
-- Bob
---------

*sigh*

all this time I've been trying to avoid making like a particular old Land Rover commercial, where this couple leaves a nightclub and J random Stranger
comes up to them and begs "Take me with you?", making the assumption that they were off to the great outdoors because they were in a Land Rover.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children